3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2009 8:40 PM by DaysofNoah

PE8 question.

DaysofNoah Level 1

Do you think that if I call Adobe, I could get them to give me PE7 because I cannot even use PE8 at all?  Has anyone tried this?  I really don't feel right spending 100 bucks to sit and stare at the DVD case on my computer shelf. Every time I sit down at the computer and see it my blood pressure just starts to boil. I can't take it anymore. I have videos to make and no extra money to spend on another program, as Adobe has grabbed  my cash and ran. I feel like I just got scammed by a fake Rolex salesman. Best Buy will not take it back and Adobe will not give my money back either becuase I bought it from Best Buy. I can honestly say that I have never been ripped off by any other computer software before, let alone software that cost me a 100 dollar bill.               Thanks.

• 1. Re: PE8 question.
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It won't cost you anything to contact Adobe's customer service, so it's worth a try.

Although, as you said, you bought the program from Best Buy, so it's unlikely Adobe will refund your money.

But who knows? If you make enough noise, you may be able to get some sort of resolution.

• 2. Re: PE8 question.
            the_wine_snob Level 9

There have been several threads on PrE 8 issues. Two posters indicated that Adobe DID offer to replace PrE 8 with PrE 7. I do not recall the exact details, and do not know exactly who they contacted at Adobe, but would guess that it would have been Customer Support and NOT Technical Support.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: PE8 question.
              DaysofNoah Level 1

Thanks for the info. I'll contact them and see if I can get PE7. I appreciate the help. If they don't give it to me, then

I'll just take a massive dump in the DVD case and just mail it back to them. They would probably get more use out of it than I can right now. I might even throw in some corn on top for emphasis. Thanks again all!!