4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2009 4:48 AM by Mylenium

Volume License Serial not working

aburrow

I'm trying to install Illustrator CS4 on a Windows XP SP3 computer, however when I enter the Serial Number it displays a a red cross.

What I'm finding confusing is that it's only happening on some machines.  Other machines accept the license and allow me to install Illustrator correctly.

What's going on?

Thanks

Anthony B

• 1. Re: Volume License Serial not working
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Do the machines where it isn't working have other Adobe software on them? That aside, you can always install in trial mode and activate later. does that work?

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Volume License Serial not working
            aburrow Level 1

Other than Adobe Reader no, there no other Adobe software installed.

Actually tried installing using trial mode today and then activating it.  This did work.

As I'm trying to package the software for deployment by SMS/SCCM installing in trial mode isn't really an option.

Anthony B

• 3. Re: Volume License Serial not working
              Wade_Zimmerman Level 6

Mylenium

WindowsXP? isn't there a fix for this problem?I thought it was a known issue for some users and they have a fix for it>

Was it something to do with a fix from microsoft?

In any case contact customer service.

• 4. Re: Volume License Serial not working
                Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

I'm not sure. Remote deployment may require specific versions of MSInstaller to exist on all systems, but to my knowledge that should not affect the serial checking, so it's still a somewhat ominous case. All the OP should need to do is really input the serial(s), then let Adobe's or Microsoft packagers create the installers. Anyway, it would probably best to take this up with tech support. Volume licensing and network deployment are two very theoretical things for me, as I work in too small a company to ebver have used them practically. i know some knowledge base articles, but there it ends...

Mylenium