6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2009 5:40 PM by Peter deHaan

Error #2032

DilipShah Level 1

When I host my Flex 4 application (build 12222) on my data center server, I'm getting the following error:

Error #2032: Stream Error. URL: http://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/swz/flex/4.0.0.12222/osmf_4.0.0.12222.swf

Has anyone encountered this error?

Dilip

• 1. Re: Error #2032
          Peter deHaan Level 4

Do you still see the issue if you try a newer nightly Flex 4 SDK build? http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/flexsdk/Download+Flex+4

Peter

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Error #2032
            DilipShah Level 1

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply!

To provide some more info on the error:

The error occurs even in Tomcat environment on local machine. The application works fine if you execute it directly v/s from a web server.

So, the following would work just fine:

file:///C:/projects/OpenClassroom-Flex/ui/trunk/bin-debug/main.html

And the following would not:

http://127.0.0.1:8080/OpenClassroom/main.html

I have experienced that keeping up with nightly build comes with itsown challenges and so haven't dared change since build 12222.For example, with one of the earlier nightly build, I had to upgrade my VideoPlayer and since it has changed so much, my application's video player is still broken! I have posted for help on this forum but with no reply. </sob story>

It looks like, I may not have any options here. I'll update this discussion with my finding after the upgrade to the latest nightly build.

Dilip

• 3. Re: Error #2032
              DilipShah Level 1

Hi Peter,

I'm updating to build 12891 and I see that there have been very significant changes in namspaces. Before I attempt to fix (literally) hundreds of errors due to namespace changes on classes such as mx:Image, mx:State, mx:Spacer, etc, I would like to know if these changes and new name spaces (ns, ns1, etc) are somewhat final? Do you know? Any guidance is highly appreciated.

Dilip

• 4. Re: Error #2032
                DilipShah Level 1

Hi Peter,

After upgrading to build 12891, the application works.

As always, I really appreciate your help.

Dilip

• 5. Re: Error #2032
                  DilipShah Level 1

After one of the recent Flex 4 SDK build, the application has started depending on additional files such as osmf_4.0.0.xxxxx.swf, where xxxxx is the build number. These files are generated by Flash Builder upon compilation and should be saved where you copy your application's own swf file on the web server serving your application.

In my case, updating application to build 12891 and making sure these additional files are appropriately copied solved the problem.

• 6. Re: Error #2032
                    Peter deHaan Level 4

Dilip,

The OSMF issue is likely something on our end with RSLs not being copied to the server correctly.

We're investigating the issue.

Thanks,

Peter