10 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2010 3:31 PM by the_wine_snob

Premiere Elements 8.0 crashes

Chrizzizz Level 1

I just downloaded the 30 days trial version of Premiere Elements 8.0.

The program starts with the welcome screen.

After pressing the button 'new project', the program loads a lot of stuff and crashes every time while trying

to load "sytrus vsti.dll".

Sytrus is a plugin for FL Studio, but i've never installed FL studio or sytrus on my computer

Any ideas, how to start premiere?

THANKS!

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 8.0 crashes
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You can try uninstalling it and reinstalling it and see if maybe it just didn't take the first time. And, per the instructions, ensure you have the latest version

of Quicktime and go to Windows Update manually (click Custom for XP) and ensure you have even the optional updates.

If that doesn't work, we'll need to know what operating system you're using, how much free, defragmented space is on your hard drive, how fast your processor is and how much RAM you have before we can help.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 8.0 crashes
            Chrizzizz Level 1

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it 2 times. But still the same problem.

I also have the latest version of quicktime.

my operating system is vista 32 bit.

2038 MB Ram, intel core 2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1,5 Ghz 1,5 Ghz and 10 GB free space

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 8.0 crashes

10 gigabytes of free space is not nearly enough to run this program!

You'll need at least 30 gigabytes free and defragmented to run it with any success. Sorry.

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 8.0 crashes
                the_wine_snob Level 9
                Sytrus is a plugin for FL Studio, but i've never installed FL studio or sytrus on my computer

I'd do a system search for the Sytrus VST. Many times these VST's are common amongst several other programs. A good example is Sample Tank2.dll, which I have from Magix Music Studio. It is also in several other audio programs (not by Magix), that have instrument VST's.

Before just deleting it, I'd look to see which program is installing it, and decide how you wish to proceed. There are three things that happen with VST's:

1.) PrE loads and uses them

2.) PrE loads, but cannot use them (in PrPro there is a one-time message to that effect)

3.) PrE crashes trying to load them

Both PrE and PrPro will try to load and use all VST's that it finds.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - I agree 100% with Steve on the free space. The normally recommended min. is 30GB of defragmented free space. I like much more, as the working files that an NLE creates are big, big, big.

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 8.0 crashes
                  Chrizzizz Level 1

Thank you for your answers.

Now i did a system search for the sytrus vst, but i can't find anything.

But I remarked, that this file is on an external hard drive, which was connected to my computer some days ago.

But not while installing or after installing Premiere. So how knows premiere this file?

I can't even delete this file, because it's not on my hard drive.

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 8.0 crashes

Again, your issue is lack of free space on  your had drive. It's most likely not the driver. The program just doesn't have enough room to open up!

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 8.0 crashes
                      Chrizzizz Level 1

I just deleted some VSTs. Now it works

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 8.0 crashes

Don't you love the simple solutions? Glad to hear you're up and running.

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements 8.0 crashes
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

Good news!

Along with those VST's, Steve is correct on the free space necessary. All NLE's require much more space to work, than just the size of the media files.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 10. Re: Premiere Elements 8.0 crashes
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

Often, beta testing is done through memberships in professional organizations, or through certain Web sites. For instance NAPP (National Association of Photoshop Professionls) and also The Creative Cow are looking for beta testers for Adobe Photoshop CS5. I do not recall any call for beta testers for PrE, but if anyone knows, Steve is the one to ask.

As a side note: it is not a good idea to put your e-mail address in a post in a public forum, like this one. There are spam 'bots that crawl the Web, just looking for e-mail addresses to harvest and sell. I have mine in my Profile, which is not open to the 'bots (though Adobe forums have mucked it up a couple of times... ), but if I need to post it, I'll do something like this, infoAThuntphotoDOTcom. If someone cannot figure that out, I will give them the key (AT = @ and DOT = .). Maybe Steve can do something like that for you, or your mailbox might be filled with all sorts of interesting "offers."

Good luck,

Hunt