5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2009 1:58 PM by Günter Schenk

Click label ADDT

nickyj Level 1

I'v noticed that clicking on a label for radio buttons (using ADDT Dynamic Form) will sometimes select the first radio button. Clicking on the label for a text field will put the focus on the text field (not so bad).

My problem is that I want to use the label as a link to a message, clearifing the options and I don't want the first button selected!

Any idea's?

nickj

• 1. Re: Click label ADDT
          James_PT Level 1

Have you thought about using Spry Tooltips?  They are new in CS4.  Mousing over the label will display any amount of explanatory text you want to add.  The tooltip is automatically placed at the bottom of the page in a Div but you can move it if you like.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Click label ADDT
            nickyj Level 1

Thanks, that will solve one problem but the question remains why the radio button is selected when

you click on the label in the cell to the left. It means that I need to add a "No" bu

tton in case the client dosen't want to select any of the buttons but has ckicked on the text!

Nickj

• 3. Re: Click label ADDT
              Günter Schenk Level 4

nickyj wrote:

I'v noticed that clicking on a label for radio buttons (using ADDT Dynamic Form) will sometimes select the first radio button. Clicking on the label for a text field will put the focus on the text field (not so bad).

My problem is that I want to use the label as a link to a message, clearifing the options and I don't want the first button selected!

Any idea's?

I reckon that - behind the scenes - one of those zillions of ADDT´s javascript files has some sort of generic <whatever_formelement>.focus()" method defined which will automatically get attached to the corresponding label tag. That said, what happens when replacing the label tag for a particular form element (in your case the radio buttons) with e.g. a span tag ?

Cheers,

Günter

• 4. Re: Click label ADDT
                nickyj Level 1

Thanks, your a leader! I removed the LABEL ag altogether and the the problem goes away. This is really only anissue with radio buttons.

Nick

• 5. Re: Click label ADDT
                  Günter Schenk Level 4

Marking this thread as assumed answered

1 person found this helpful