2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2009 2:38 PM by Doug Katz

How do I save a custom fill and stroke setup to use on other objects?

kellyjaye1 Level 1

I created a customized stroke and fill for an item that looks like stitching on a square.  Isnt there a way to save that particular set of strokes and fills as something so I just have to click on another object and say "apply" without having to do each part of it one at a time?

• 1. Re: How do I save a custom fill and stroke setup to use on other objects?
          Larry G. Schneider Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Open the New Document Profile that is listed in the Dropdown box in the File>New dialog. (Do a search for New Document Profiles) Copy the object in question from the existing file and paste into the opened New Document Profile. Then drag the object to the Graphic Styles panel. It will open a dialog which you can use to name the style appropriately. Save and close the file. Now when you open a new file, the new graphic style will be available.

• 2. Re: How do I save a custom fill and stroke setup to use on other objects?
            Doug Katz Level 4

Simply drag the object to the Graphic Styles panel. It's now available to apply to other objects within the same document with one click.

If the object to which you want to apply the style is in another document entirely:

1. Copy/paste the original object to the new file, or better

2. From the new document's Graphic Styles panel, choose Open Graphic Style Library>Other Library from the flyout, then navigate to the original document. A panel will open with your graphic style present. Now select the new object and click on your graphic style.