2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2009 6:56 AM by the_wine_snob

recording naration problems

ProfGH

I am trying to add naration to my project.  I think I followed all of the instructions in the online help, and it appeared to be recording. I pushed the red record button and the video, the word recording showed up, the video started playing and the meter bar was going up and down.  But when I pushed stop, nothing had been recorded. There was nothing added to the naration line below the timelne.  What could I have missed?

• 1. Re: recording naration problems
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

First, ensure you're in Timeline mode rather than Sceneline so you can see what's going on.

When you click on the Narration panel's Previous button, does the CTI move back? Can you play a clip then?

Scroll your timeline up. Make sure your narration clip isn't being place on an upper audio track.

As an experiment, try opening a new project with nothing in it and record your narration. Do you get a narration clip then?

• 2. Re: recording naration problems
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Also, look in your Project Panel (where the Assets for the Project are stored, not the Organizer), and see if your narration WAV is in that.

Good luck,

Hunt