5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2009 6:36 AM by the_wine_snob

PREVIEW WITHOUT RENDERING

Take Twenty two Level 1

G"Day Premier 7 Elements fans. I was wondering if it is possible to view a project without rendering.

Let me explain.

To check whether or not Main Markers such as new markers and stop markers have been done properly can one watch all our project without rendering and saving to DVD. This way I don't have to ruin another DVD.

All help gratefully accepted

• 1. Re: PREVIEW WITHOUT RENDERING
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Yes, you can!

In the Disc Menus workspace, after you've added your menus, there is a Preview button on the Disc Layout panel. Click this button to test your disc's navigation.

(BTW, this preview is designed specifically to test navigation, including you stop markers. It's not a preview of the final QUALITY of your video -- so don't worry if it doesn't look great.)

• 2. Re: PREVIEW WITHOUT RENDERING
            the_wine_snob Level 9

The only real purpose of Rendering is for playback (different than the Disc navigation preview). If one has added footage that shows a red line in the Timeline, added Transitions, overlay Titles, Effects, then Rendering will give you smoother playback. That is really the only purpose for doing a Render. Also, even with Rendering, the playback (Program Monitor) will not show your navigation - just the Timeline's Assets.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: PREVIEW WITHOUT RENDERING
              Take Twenty two Level 1

Steve,

thank you very much for your timely advice.

I would also like to wish you a Happy and a Holy Christmas and a

satisfing New Year

Regards

John

• 4. Re: PREVIEW WITHOUT RENDERING
                Take Twenty two Level 1

Dear Snob,

thank you for your advice. I would also like to wish you a Happy and a

Holy Christmas

Regards John

• 5. Re: PREVIEW WITHOUT RENDERING
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

John,

Thank you! I've begun our Hanukkah celebrations, and my wife is getting us ready for Christmas, which we'll celebrate fully with friends of several faiths. Regardless of our individual backgrounds and beliefs, we will attempt to encompass the fullest meanings of Christmas, and be joyful.

I hope that you and your family have a very Merry Christmas, as well.

Greatly appreciated,

Hunt (and his entire, wonderfully mixed family!)