3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2009 6:49 AM by Brezelius77

Problems with mouse pointer

Brezelius77

Hello,

I am currently using Illustrator (CS3 - Italian).

While I am using the software sometimes it happens that the mouse pointer do not change neither into the white arrow nor into any other tool. What I see is the hand pointer. If I click, on other tools on the left toolbar nothing happens. The symbol doesn't change and I cannot going on working.

When I started writing this message I could not change the pointer, not even restarting the software, but now it seems like everithing is fine again.

Is there a sort of "security system" that I am not aware? Does anyone experienced the same problem? How can I fix it before I go mad?!

Thanks a lot for any feedback.

• 1. Re: Problems with mouse pointer
          Jacob Bugge MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Brezelius,

When it appears again, you may try to press the keys for different tools (V for Selection Tool, A for Direct selection Tool, P for Pen Tool, T for type Tool, etc).

If they work, it is probably something with the mouse (connexion/driver). If not, it may be something in Illy.

The random reoccurrence of its working after Illy has been started seems to indicate that it is not a preference corruption issue.

• 2. Re: Problems with mouse pointer
            Brezelius77 Level 1

Hello Jacob,

thanks a lot for your advice. Anyway, I tried that but even if another tool is selected (no matter if by mouse or by keybord) the pointer appears as an open hand, and as usual it grabs the page by clicking on the left button of the mouse. FYI Illustrator CS3 is the only software that give me this kind of problems (CS2 had never showed anything similar). Also, I have never experienced any problems with my mouse, which is a "standard" logitech USB plug-and-play device.

By the way, it's good to know that my "issue" is not a "normal" feature of AI that I was not aware of!

Kind regards,

Fulvio

• 3. Re: Problems with mouse pointer
              Brezelius77 Level 1

Hello Jacob,

thanks a lot for your advice.

Anyway, I tried that too but even if another tool is selected (no matter if by mouse or by keybord) the pointer appears as an open hand, and as usual it grabs the page by clicking on the left button of the mouse. FYI Illustrator CS3 is the only software that give me this kind of problems (CS2 had never showed anything similar). Also, I have never experienced any problems with my mouse, which is a "standard" logitech USB plug-and-play device.

By the way, it's good to know that my issue is not a "normal" feature of AI that I was not aware of!