3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2009 8:33 AM by zzzjie

mxmlc compiler parameter?

zzzjie

Hi:

I am trying to upload a .properties file to a web server (linux), let server compile it into .swf file, then the user can download it.

However, the compile failed:

/tmp/Adobe/Flex/GeneratedResourceModules/GeneratedResourceModule40155.as(13): col: 51 Error: The definition of base class ModuleBase was not f
      ound.

public class GeneratedResourceModule40155 extends ModuleBase
                                                        ^

/tmp/Adobe/Flex/GeneratedResourceModules/GeneratedResourceModule40155.as(14): col: 16 Error: Interface IResourceModule was not found.

implements IResourceModule

Seems like the mxmlc create some temp file and directory in the /tmp and the wwwrun can not do it.

Is it possible to configure this default location /tmp to somewhere else?

Thanks

• 1. Re: mxmlc compiler parameter?
          Flex harUI Adobe Employee

The console should list which flex-config.xml it is using.  Make sure the SWCs are in the lib-path used by that flex-config.xml

Alex Harui

Flex SDK Developer

Adobe Systems Inc.

Blog: http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui

• 2. Re: mxmlc compiler parameter?
            zzzjie Level 1

I am sorry but can you give me some details?

I am new to this FLEX. This is my problem:

I built a FLex application that can upload a .properties file to a Linux web server. The file uploaded is in my home directory. I also installed the Flex SDK  under my home directory.

The script (upload.php) ran the "mxmlc" command from shell_exec(). But the command failed, since it can not create any file under /tmp/Adobe/Flex/GeneratedResourceModules/, where the compiler puts the temporary files.

Would it be possible that I can instruct the mxmlc to put the temporary file under my home directory? Thanks

• 3. Re: mxmlc compiler parameter?
              zzzjie Level 1

I am sorry but can you give me some details?

I am new to this FLEX. This is my problem:

I built a FLex application that can upload a .properties file to a Linux web

server. The file uploaded is in my home directory. I also installed the Flex

SDK  under my home directory.

The script (upload.php) ran the "mxmlc" command from shell_exec(). But the

command failed, since it can not create any file under

/tmp/Adobe/Flex/GeneratedResourceModules/, where the compiler puts the

temporary files.

Would it be possible that I can instruct the mxmlc to put the temporary file

under my home directory? Thanks