Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CSS Issues appearing in IE8 Only

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2009 Dec 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using RH7, and I've recently discovered that my 123, bullets, and ABC styles in my webhelp project aren't appearing properly in IE8. They appear fine in Firefox and IE7 and in the WYSIWYG editor, just not in IE8 when the help has been deployed to the server. To further complicate the situation, when I view the generated help in IE8 on my drive, everything appears correctly. It's just when viewing the help on the server in IE8 that these issues are occurring.

This is what's happening:

- Bulleted lists within numbered steps are appearing "hollow". I've checked that "list-style: disc;" is specified in the CSS in both the LI and P definitions.

- Numbered steps are appearing larger than they should be.

- ABC substeps within numbered steps are appearing as 123.

I experienced similar issues when upgrading to RH8 (we've since rolled back to 7). However, the difference with the RH8 issues is that they were occuring across all browsers, and could be viewed in the generated output on my drive. As mentioned, this only occurs in IE8 when viewing the help on the server.

This is what's specified in the CSS:

Bullet style:
P.BulletedStep {
color: #000000;
list-style: disc;
}
LI.P-BulletedStep {
list-style: disc;

Numbered Style:

P.NumberedStep {
font-size: 10pt;
list-style: decimal;
}
LI.P-NumberedStep {
font-size: 10pt;
list-style: decimal;

ABC Style:

P.NumberedStepABC {
list-style: lower-alpha;
}
LI.P-NumberedStepABC {
list-style: lower-alpha;

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 17, 2009 Dec 17, 2009

Hi,

There is probably some other style in your style sheet or your topics overriding your style. When I paste your styles in a clean HTML file, it all works fine either local or on a server (when you close each list style with } Just to make sure, probably fell of with copy/paste)

To further complicate the situation, when I view the generated help in IE8 on my drive, everything appears correctly. It's just when viewing the help on the server in IE8 that these issues are occurring.

Is the style shee

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 17, 2009 Dec 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is probably some other style in your style sheet or your topics overriding your style. When I paste your styles in a clean HTML file, it all works fine either local or on a server (when you close each list style with } Just to make sure, probably fell of with copy/paste)

To further complicate the situation, when I view the generated help in IE8 on my drive, everything appears correctly. It's just when viewing the help on the server in IE8 that these issues are occurring.

Is the style sheet on your server exactly the same as your local style sheet?

To be more helpfull, can you post your style sheet and an example topic so we can have a look?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2009 Dec 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The help you are seeing is the same as that on the server and the browser is the same so how can there be a difference. I am thinking that the help on the server is maybe not quite the same, something is not surviving the journey to the server.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2010 Jan 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Peter and Willam for your responses, and sorry for my delay in replying.

The help was recently moved to another server where I FTP the files up myself. This has resolved the issue, so you were both correct that the version of the CSS on the old server was not the same as the one on my drive. I guess it was a silly question, as it seems so obvious now with both your responses and the solution in place.

Regardless, thanks for your help. Always appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp