3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2008 10:32 PM by kglad

Need alot of Assistance

JUNKHED
      Hi I have a flash site which has menu buttons which when clicked they load external swf files into and empy clip on the stage. What I want to do is this , i have a dynamic text box on one of the pages and have text loaded with a external text file, I want to have a a piece of txt in that file be clickable so that it will load the external swf file into the empty clip... Is this possibel to do and if so can someone direct me as to how?

Thanks much!!!
        • 1. Re: Need alot of Assistance
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          i'm sure it's possible to do what you want. but i'm not sure what you want because of your explanation.

for example, "I want to have a a piece of txt in that file be clickable..." makes no sense. you mean you want to load some text from a text file, display that text in a textfield and have some part of that text be clickable?

if yes, check the asfunction() and use an html-enabled textfield.
          • 2. Re: Need alot of Assistance
            JUNKHED Level 1
            I appreciate that you took the time to write your thoughts, in a sense yes that is what I mean but you might want to take a better approach to pointing that out to people. I don't take offense to the "comment that makes no sense." But others might and though some people may be more advanced in certain things than others you should always remember its a gift to be a step ahead and be able to give that knowledge back to someone else.

For me I would never answer someone back that way as these posts and forums are here to serve the purpose of assisting and gaining knowledge in the areas that some of us either lack or just want to get a different spin on.

Again not attacking you for the comment, just suggesting there is always another and more productively positive way... Thanks for the help.
            • 3. Re: Need alot of Assistance
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              you're welcome.