3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2009 1:41 PM by Hudechrome-sd9sPI

Problems with ACR Vers. 4.6

Hudechrome-sd9sPI Level 2

I recently rebuilt my computer, and now, the current update for ACR does not show the profiles for my Nikons in the Camera Calibration tab, just 4.6. Not even Adobe Standard.

In addition, I am also having BSOD problems initiated when using ACR for either RAW or Tiff.

See this thread for details:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/540226?tstart=0

I suspect the two are related.

• 1. Re: Problems with ACR Vers. 4.6
          Jeff Schewe Level 5

Hudechrome wrote:

I suspect the two are related.

Highly doubtful...in the case of the BSOD, you have a hardware problem somewhere. Could be processor, memory, motherboard or other devices such as video card or driver but software should not be able to bring hardware down like that.

In terms of the DNG profiles, odds are when you rebuilt you didn't re-install the profiles (they were bundled with the DNG Converter). Download DNG Converter 5.6 and run the install.

• 2. Re: Problems with ACR Vers. 4.6

I know it's highly doubtful, but I posted all I knew.

I'm on CS3 so 5.6 applies?

I did the bundled 4.6 D/L

I am systematicaly going through all the HW so we will see. I doubt the memory or the processor, but stranger things have happened!

• 3. Re: Problems with ACR Vers. 4.6

Ok I traced it trough Startup in msconfig  to" Reader_sl", which resides inthe Registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run\Adobeupdater

Unchecking this cures the Blue screen, but if begs a question.Why?

I still am unsure of the missing profiles.