This content has been marked as final. Show 14 replies
Haven't tried FF3 but have seen the problem with a merged webhelp output. Is that what you are working with? In that case it was because one of the projects had been set to a different language to the others so that can only occur with merged webhelp.
To my knowledge, this help set has never been merged. Could this, along with a changed language setting, have happened by accident?
After the last patch (thank you, RoboHelp team!), it works beautifully in Safari, Firefox 2, and IE.
No it was not a change of language problem, it was because of different languages within a merge set. You would know if you were producing merged help so that is clearly not the problem.
Does this problem occur if you open this output in FF2 and other browsers?
Yes, it works in FF2, Safari, and Internet Explorer.
Does anyone else have FF3 installed to test please?
I am told by someone that their test with FF3 worked fine. Try opening one of the supplied sample projects.
Last I heard, FF3 was beta. Maybe we should wait for it to be released before drawing a conclusion. Or maybe document the problem for the good folks over at Mozilla.
WebHelp, or WebHelp pro on a RH server?
Win XP, or Vista?
Is WebHelp on a local hard drive, in a network Windows directory, or on a network with its own URL?
What are your Content settings in FF3 Tools / Options? Is the browser's popup blocker active?
FF3 is now live, and I'm getting bugs filed against the help.
Vista + FireFox 3 = Works
Mac + FireFox 3 = TOC is broken.
Q: WebHelp, or WebHelp pro on a RH server?
Q: Win XP, or Vista?
Works on XP, Vista.
Doesn't work on Mac
Q: Is WebHelp on a local hard drive, in a network Windows directory, or on a network with its own URL?
It has its own URL.
Q: What are your security and privacy settings in FF3 Options? (Particularly regarding ActiveX content)
ActiveX isn't applicable to Mac.
Q: Is the browser's popup blocker active?
OK, so the problem seems to be on Mac OS.
You need to turn off popup blocker, I believe. I'll check tonight at home on Mac. Last time I checked, Mozilla said 22.214.171.124 was the highest version for Mac.
I hear it works on Mac with FF3 in Safe Mode. I'm not sure what that translates to as far as a workaround goes.
We were having this issue but we determined it was caused by the latest version of the Firebug plugin for FF3. When we disabled this, the navigation pane showed back up. This is in a Win environment.
brainskillet - Tell me about the patch, please. I am still out here trying to make my project compatible with any browser other than IE. Thanks
Brainskillet was referring to the two patches accessed by going to Help | Updates in RH.
Hope you guys are following this thread.
To be able to investigate this Adobe need to replicate the problem. I have just installed the Firebug add-on and my webhelp is running just fine. The webhelp is on a local drive with Mark of the Web applied.
Somebody please tell me how to break it.