3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2009 12:25 PM by Hudechrome-sd9sPI

where are the profiles...

tws25

i've updated to acr 5.5 and installed all the necessary profiles, dng converter etc. however, in the camera icon under adobe standard nothing shows up no camera neutral, landscape, faithful etc...

is this because i have to have these picture controls turned on IN CAMERA?

about all the new update does as far as i can tell is denote the type of camera i shot the picture with eg. coolpix 5400, 5000 or D300

can anyone explain how to get the camera profiles to appear under adobe standard?

thanks,

tws

• 1. Re: where are the profiles...
          Bill_Janes Level 2

tws25 wrote:

i've updated to acr 5.5 and installed all the necessary profiles, dng converter etc. however, in the camera icon under adobe standard nothing shows up no camera neutral, landscape, faithful etc...

is this because i have to have these picture controls turned on IN CAMERA?

about all the new update does as far as i can tell is denote the type of camera i shot the picture with eg. coolpix 5400, 5000 or D300

can anyone explain how to get the camera profiles to appear under adobe standard?

thanks,

tws

You do not state if you are on Windows (and the version of Windows) or the Mac. If you installed the profiles with the Adobe installer, they should be in the correct directory. The directory with Windows depends on how you were logged in during the installation. With my Windows 7 machine, my camera profiles are in the following directories:

c:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\

c:\All Users\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\

And the profiles made using the DNG editor are in:

c:\users\Bill\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles. AppData is a hidden directory and you need to enable hidden directory display to find it.

• 2. Re: where are the profiles...
            tws25 Level 1

thanks Bill,

i am in OS 10.something or other... macbookpro...

i've solved the issue... after hunting down and finding the camera profiles under library, application support, adobe, cameraraw, cameraprofiles, adobe standard, camera...

under camera i opened the nikon models and found vidid, standard etc... so i knew they were there and had been installed

i noticed that when viewing nef images taken with my old nikon cp5400 or cp5000 the camera raw loaded in 2.4 or 4.4 and no profiles...

so i loaded a D300 nef and presto it showed adobe standard and all the profiles were listed underneath...

my fault for not figuring out the obvious...

thanks again for your support.

tws

• 3. Re: where are the profiles...
              Hudechrome-sd9sPI Level 2

Not many people on Win7 yet, and a search for cameraprofiles on

XP comes up empty, so a different serch name is needed.