6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2009 8:50 AM by konzept1128

problem getting movieclip classes

konzept1128 Level 1

In flash builder I had to  import a project when i switched to a new computer. before switching computers I had this project set up in flash builder and everythign worked fine. I went through, imported everything correctly, triple-checked all my settings and I keep getting an error when it comes to finding a library symbol with a classname of com.something.something.  The symbol name is correct and it's definitely in my library but It's not recognizing it. Any idea as to why this might be happening?

• 1. Re: problem getting movieclip classes
          David_F57 Level 5

Hi,

If your classes are precompiled into a library then they should work fine when added to the library, if it is source code and not part of the projects default path you will need to add its root path in the flexbuildpath options - 'source path'.

David

• 2. Re: problem getting movieclip classes
            konzept1128 Level 1

Thank you for the response. So just to clarify, if I have a library symbol with a class attached to it. The class is in a _classes folder.  I need to add that class to the source path in flash builder?

Haven't had a chance to test it yet because I'm no longer at my work computer, but if that's the case then that is pretty strange, because I feel like I have never had to do that before.  BUt maybe this is just a different scenario and I'm not realizing it.

• 3. Re: problem getting movieclip classes
              David_F57 Level 5

Hi,

Are you talking about a compiled swf from flash or actionscript source files, I assumed by the comment about com.something.something you were refering to actionscript classes, but the mention of movieclip then made me think you were talking about a flash compiled swf. What exactly is the library you are attempting to access ?.

David

• 4. Re: problem getting movieclip classes
                konzept1128 Level 1

sorry, I should be more specific.

It's a compiled swf with an asset in the library with a custom class attached to it. The main movieclip loads, but then it can't find the library asset. Maybe this isn't even a flash builder problem, but trying to just narrow it down. The main movieclip has a class name of  com.bac.button.  So I load the asset using guttershark, getMovieClip("com.bac.button").

I've reimported my project files, swc's, etc a few times. Sometimes the button loads, but then it doesn't attach the class to it. I know this because when i try to access a function on the button (button.activate).. it says it is undefined. Other times it can't even load the button asset at all.

I should probably test it outside of flashbuilder and just see if I can load that asset from there. I am assuming I can, but haven't tried it yet.  I spent about 8 hours yesterday trying different things and have never had this problem before.

• 5. Re: problem getting movieclip classes
                  David_F57 Level 5

Hi,

I probably can't really help with that (not a big flash person ). One thought is what is happening on the swf's timeline, is it looping or does it stop in a particular place when its initialized, this could have a big effect on how builder deals with what is and isn't available through the moviecclip. Anyway if one of the Adobe guys see this they will probably come up with some things you can look at.

David.

• 6. Re: problem getting movieclip classes
                    konzept1128 Level 1

thank you for your help.