3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2008 10:26 AM by kglad

loading external .swf in scrolling textbox

I have a scroll box formatted in HTML. Can I use link some of the text in the html file to load an extrenal SWF, by a href=something.swf - or via actionscript? And if so, how and what is the script? Thanks, Mamaglee
        • 1. Re: loading external .swf in scrolling textbox
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          yes, check the asfunction().
          • 2. Re: loading external .swf in scrolling textbox
            Thanks, I haven't used Flash in 3.5 years and don't even know what the as function is. I'm in a bind because the Flash teacher at a local college died last weekend, and they called me in to fill the remaining 2 weeks of this term, so I'm helping students with final projects, but I am a designer who taught Flash from version 3 through MX2004, and don't know CS3, and/or much scripting. I only taught Intro and Projects classes, never advanced so I'm the best they could find for now, but not really skilled. What is the asfunction() and how would I use it? Thanks...
            • 3. Re: loading external .swf in scrolling textbox
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              first, check the flash help files. even if you don't have much background in programming languages and know little actionscript, the flash help files usually include a sample script on most topics that you can copy and then tweak to suit your own needs.

the asfunction() help is one of those topics that has sample script. start with that and if you have trouble tweaking it, copy and paste the script your tried (using the attach code option) and the problem you're encountering.
              1 person found this helpful