I've attached the script at the bottm of this page to a
button. When you click the button the text appears in the dynamic
text box (which I'm calling answers). That works perfect in a new
project, however, when I try to do the same thing inside a flash
template that I purchased online I get different results. The
button still functions as a button, but the text does not reveal
itself in the dynamic text box. It's almost as if there is some
overriding scripting causing this to not work.
I did find one interesting thing. When I test the movie and
hit Debug --> List Variables. I see the line: text = , --- I
found out that I had to change the scripting to say
root.main.txt.answers.text instead of root.answers.text -- now when
I test the move and hit Debug --> List Variables I see that text
= "Answer to Quetion 1", -- that's a step in the right direction,
however, the text still does not actually reveal itself in the
dynamic text box.