3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2009 5:54 AM by Bill_Janes

CS3 & Camera RAW 5

Btphoto86

I want to make sure I have this correct.

-CS3 is uncompatiable with camera RAW 5

-There are no undates that will make it compatiable

-Converting my camera RAW 5 files to DNG files is the only why to make them work in CS3

-If I was wish to aviod converting all my files to DNG I must upgraded to CS4 to read camera RAW 5

Is that all correct?

If so, is there an inexpensive way to upgrade my Photoshop and Bridge CS3 to CS4.

Thanks,

Brady

• 1. Re: CS3 & Camera RAW 5
          Jeff Schewe Level 5

Btphoto86 wrote:

Is that all correct?

Correct...

Btphoto86 wrote:

If so, is there an inexpensive way to upgrade my Photoshop and Bridge CS3 to CS4.

Define "inexpensive"...if you have a license to CS3 you can upgrade to CS4 for USD$199.00

• 2. Re: CS3 & Camera RAW 5
            Btphoto86 Level 1

That seems inexpensive enough if I can upgraded

my entire desgin sweet package for that price. Or even just photoshop and bridge.

I assume I find that upgraded somewhere on Adobe's website.

Any idea where?

Thanks,

Brady

• 3. Re: CS3 & Camera RAW 5
              Bill_Janes Level 2

Btphoto86 wrote:

That seems inexpensive enough if I can upgraded

my entire desgin sweet package for that price. Or even just photoshop and bridge.

I assume I find that upgraded somewhere on Adobe's website.

Any idea where?

Thanks,

Brady

Brady,

An upgrade of the entire suite from CS3 to CS4 would cost considerably more. I have used Photoshop since ver 3 and also bought Indesign 1 or 2. I was able to purchase the entire Academic version CS3 suite (outright purchase, not an upgrade) for a good price, hardly more than upgrading PS and Indesign separately. When you upgrade Photoshop, you have to insert a disc from a previous version to prove previous ownership, and the upgrade did not appear to accept my PSCS3 DVD and I had to use the PSCS2 disc as proof. There may be a workaround, but you should check this out if you do not have previous versions of PS.