2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2009 6:17 AM by Capt4802

Need to know how to use an image as a watermark on a page. Thanks!

Capt4802

I used to demostrate and sell Pagemaker shortly after it came out for IBM/Windows systems. There were times when customers needed an image used as a watermark on a page behind their normal printing. I used to be able to take an image and decrease the intensity (darkness) of the image until it looked like a light watermark on the page. I have forgotten HOW to do this. Does the image have to be a .tif image? an .eps? or what? And then once I have the image, how do I decrease the darkness of it? Many thanks for anything you can help me with!

• 1. Re: Need to know how to use an image as a watermark on a page. Thanks!
          Ian C. Matthew Level 2

A couple of solutions. Firstly, there should be a tool called 'Image Control' I think. It allowed you to make basic changes to bitmap images including modifyiing contrast. I think it still is available in PM 7.X (Which version are you using??). I have no idea where the tool may be in PM 7.X as I have not used PM for a good few years now.

Secondly, you could use Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Paintshop Pro, PhotoPaint etc to make the modifications there and import into PM. Hope this helps.

Ian

• 2. Re: Need to know how to use an image as a watermark on a page. Thanks!
            Capt4802 Level 1

Many THANKS for the input.  I'll try it later today and see how it  works.

Appreciate the info!!!

Ray

In a message dated 12/20/2009 9:10:54 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, 

forums@adobe.com writes:

A couple  of solutions. Firstly, there should be a tool called 'Image

Control' I think.  It allowed you to make basic changes to bitmap images

including modifyiing  contrast. I think it still is available in PM 7.X (Which

version are you  using??). I have no idea where the tool may be in PM 7.X as I

have not used PM  for a good few years now.

Secondly, you could use Photoshop,  Photoshop Elements, Paintshop Pro,

PhotoPaint etc to make the modifications  there and import into PM. Hope this 

helps.

Ian