0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2009 7:28 AM by the_wine_snob

Abstract Background for SlideShows

the_wine_snob Level 9

Several questions have come up on how to handle vertical images in a SlideShow. As our video Frame is a horizontal rectangle, to some degree, or another, what does one do with those vertical images - the ones that looked so good, printed and hanging on the wall?

There are several basic ways to handle them:

1.) Crop a horizontal portion from the vertical image (sometimes works, and sometimes does not

2.) Allow black bars around the vertical image and size it so that its height equals the height of the Frame (can be OK, but not really what we usually want)

3.) Create a "background" that fills the horizontal Frame, and then overlay the vertical image onto that, as in #2, but with no black bars.

Personally, I like #3, followed by #1, when I can crop. One can even have some fun with the "background" image. I go for an abstraction and usually will "soften" its look by reducing the contrast, saturation and probably a good dose of blur. All I want is something to fill the black bar spaces. HEREhttp://muvipix.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5934is a mini-tutorial that I did for animating the "creation" of an abstract background image to use with vertical (and horizontal, though they take up the entire screen, so you do not see the background behind them) images in a SlideShow.

Hope that this helps someone,

Hunt