7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2009 10:16 AM by seaneyefi

Reinstall of AIR not working (Mac)

Andrew Burwell Level 1
      I was having Twhirl issues with it not remembering my login, so I decided to remove AIR using the uninstall, delete the apps, and reinstall.

Removal of everything seemed fine.

Reinstall gives me the following error after AIR completely installs. "An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator."

All the AIR files are there on my computer and I can launch the application installer despite the message.

I try to install any AIR app and it installs with the same error message after the install "An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator."

The AIR apps are there on my computer, and I go to run it by double clicking, then it launches the AIR installer again, which just sits there at 0%.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and checked both my library areas for lingering AIR or AIR app files and removed them. Still no go. Also, running CS3, not sure if there's any issue with that.
        • 1. Re: Reinstall of AIR not working (Mac)
          Oliver Goldman Adobe Employee
          You should enable and capture a log file of the installation; that'll help determine what's going wrong.

• 2. Re: Reinstall of AIR not working (Mac)
            Andrew Burwell Level 1
            Here's my install log file:

Performing runtime install
            UI SWF load is complete
            UI initialized
            enter confirming
            Installation type: new
            stateInstallingWithElevation: enter install
            received unknown message type from subinstaller: Adobe AIR is currently not installed
            received unknown message type from subinstaller: Installing with version 1.0
            subinstaller: Scheduling runtime installation operations
            subinstaller: Beginning runtime installation
            subinstaller: Beginning install
            subinstaller: Copying /Volumes/Adobe AIR/Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework to /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework
            subinstaller: Copying /Volumes/Adobe AIR/Adobe AIR Installer.app to /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app
            subinstaller: Saving /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Resources/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app
            subinstaller: Copying /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Resources/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app to /private/var/tmp/folders.502/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0/file1
            subinstaller: Deleting /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Resources/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app
            subinstaller: Copying /Volumes/Adobe AIR/Adobe AIR Installer.app to /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Adobe AIR Updater.app
            subinstaller: Saving /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Adobe AIR Updater.app/Contents/Frameworks
            subinstaller: Copying /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Adobe AIR Updater.app/Contents/Frameworks to /private/var/tmp/folders.502/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0/file2
            subinstaller: Deleting /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Adobe AIR Updater.app/Contents/Frameworks
            subinstaller: Copying /Volumes/Adobe AIR/Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app to /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app
            subinstaller: Registering /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app/Contents/Info.plist
            subinstaller: Saving copy of /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app/Contents/Info.plist
            subinstaller: Copying /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app/Contents/Info.plist to /private/var/tmp/folders.502/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0/file3
            subinstaller: Execution complete; beginning commit phase
            subinstaller: Deleting /private/var/tmp/folders.502/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0/file1
            subinstaller: Deleting /private/var/tmp/folders.502/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0/file2
            subinstaller: Deleting /private/var/tmp/folders.502/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0/file3
            subinstaller: Commit complete
            Elevated install completed
            received unknown message type from subinstaller: Done.
            Elevated install failed (3003)
            runtime install entering error state: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #3003" errorID=3003]
            error in stateQuitting: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Unhandled exception Error: Error #3001" errorID=3001]
            • 3. Re: Reinstall of AIR not working (Mac)
              Andrew Burwell Level 1
              Here's my app install log file after the failed AIR install:

waiting to receive open event
              UI SWF load is complete
              UI initialized
              enter waitingForOpen
              Converting to /private/var/tmp/folders.502/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0
              Conversion is complete
              AIR file is bound to version 1.0
              app id PownceDesktop
              application is bound to this version of the runtime
              Application is installed? false
              Waiting for user confirmation
              User confirmed action: install
              Starting install
              Destination for installed application is /Applications
              Beginning install
              Copying /private/var/tmp/folders.502/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0/Template to /Applications/Pownce.app
              Execution complete; beginning commit phase
              Commit complete
              stateInstalling: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #3003" errorID=3003]
              stateInstallingWithElevation: enter install
              stateInstallingWithElevation: /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Adobe AIR Application Installer -runtime "/Library/Frameworks" -silent -logToStdout -url -location "/Applications" -desktopShortcut -programMenu file:///Users/aburwell/Desktop/Pownce.air
              subinstaller: Starting silent app install of file:///Users/aburwell/Desktop/Pownce.air
              subinstaller: UI SWF load is complete
              subinstaller: UI initialized
              subinstaller: Converting to /private/var/tmp/folders.502/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp1
              subinstaller: Conversion is complete
              subinstaller: AIR file is bound to version 1.0
              subinstaller: app id PownceDesktop
              subinstaller: application is bound to this version of the runtime
              subinstaller: Application is installed? true
              subinstaller: bad configuration for silent install or update
              Failed during elevated install: error 5013
              Starting cleanup
              Installation exited

• 4. Re: Reinstall of AIR not working (Mac)
                Oliver Goldman Adobe Employee
                I suspect a permissions problem on your machine. Based on the application install log, you have a copy of Pownce installed that is readable only by root accounts.

I'm not sure how you got into this state, and it could be a problem with either the installed copy of Pownce or the installed copy of AIR. I recommend uninstalling both, then re-running the AIR installer directly from the downloaded DMG.
                • 5. Re: Reinstall of AIR not working (Mac)
                  Andrew Burwell Level 1
                  It seems I get the same results no matter what I try. I've repaired permissions after the uninstall, rebooted, etc. No luck.
                  • 6. Re: Reinstall of AIR not working (Mac)
                    Dan4mLA
                    Hi,

I had same issue.

I fixed with following steps

1. Open Terminal (Application --> Accessories -->Terminal)
                    2. SU root
                    3. Enter your root password
                    4.Navigate to folder where you downloaded the adobe_air_XYZ.bin file (usind cd)
                    5. Type ./adobe_air_XYZ.bin

regards,
                    Dan
                    • 7. Re: Reinstall of AIR not working (Mac)
                      seaneyefi Level 1

Andrew ... did you ever find a solution to this problem? I'm running into a similar issue over at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/539021

Sean