1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 25, 2008 1:41 AM by jojolina

Limit on number of slides in project?

bberg1
      My plan, given the number of questions planned for the quiz, calls for 100+ slides in a project. Would this pose a problem for the smooth running of the program? If so, are there any workarounds?

Thanks, Bert
        • 1. Re: Limit on number of slides in project?
          jojolina Level 1
          Hi Bert

This question is usually answered as "it depends" to quote Rick (Captiv8r). The reasons are as follows:
          My biggest single project ever was 187 slides of a software solution sized at 1024 x 768 and it ran like a dream.
          I have heard of projects of 80 slides crash that were built to same spec as the above.
          There are too many factors that can influence your potential maximum size thus it is impossible to dictate what is too big and what is not. The general rule of thumb though is try to keep below about 80 slides if you are going to be loading each slide with interactions, captions etc.

My advice in your situation would be to see if you can't break your project into logical chunks and build in a modular fashion, you could search for "daisychain" in the forum and follow Rick's advice as given there to keep your modules linked.