6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2010 4:22 PM by abc-max

after effects error on win 7

abc-max

hey guys....

i just downloaded the trial version of adobe after effects an downloading/installing was ok.....when i wanted to start the programm it showed an error :

unable to create frot....i downloaded an installed it serveral times again but it it's still aint working....

if nececery : my pc got  6 gb ram , win 7 64 bit , ati4650 , core 2 quad Q 8200

thx for helping....

• 1. Re: after effects error on win 7
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Check this listing on my AE errors page and similar entries dealing with "fonts". Let us know if it makes any difference.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: after effects error on win 7
            abc-max Level 1

I tried both possibillities from the site you send me(great idea this site by the way)wich means I deleteted the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Font folder what didn't work and I set my system Language to another country but nothing helped....I tried it often and in several combinations with reinstallations and former versions(the reason why i react that late(sry)) but that also did not help...do you have any other suggestions or tips?I would be very glad about that...Looking forward to a hero to save me

• 3. Re: after effects error on win 7

In that case it might be worth to check your system's fonts. Remove any non-standard fonts and see, if Ae still acts up. you may have a "bad" font somewhere that throws the Adobe font engine of track. Other than that I can't think of much, but it may be worth investigating other adobe software on your system. Perhaps e.g. updating Acrobat/ Adobe reader went wrong and messed up the Adobe font system...

Mylenium

• 4. Re: after effects error on win 7
                abc-max Level 1

Sorry but that also did not help....Another guy I asked for help said the problem would be 64bit win7...Do you still have Ideas what to do?

• 5. Re: after effects error on win 7

I don't think it's a general issue with Win 7 - other users can use it without problem. More likely it's a combination of things, but I'm afraid it is really beyond what a forum can offer to track it down. A few other things that might be relevant:

• You are using an odd screen resolution. Check it and make sure it matches the native resolution of the screen. Also try to set it one level lower to test if it works at smaller resolutions.
                  • On the same note, check for possible issues with dual screen setups.
                  • Check your system DPI setting. If it deviates from the default 96 DPI, it may cause font rendering and caching issues on the system level.

Mylenium

• 6. Re: after effects error on win 7
                    abc-max Level 1

Nope...did not help....Now I'm going to install windows XP on my second hard drive becuase on my old computer (win XP 32bit) and on my mom's laptop (win Vista 32 bit)the exact same trial from my computer IS working...I hope then it will work...I'll use a dual boot then... but THX for your work and everything with me....