• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hindi epub file format - displayed ??? in ADE. What's rong ?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2009 Dec 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an e-book in hindi with epub extension. It is displayed like ??? in ADE. What's rong ? Does ADE not support hindi unicode? The same document is shown correct as pdf file format.  What is the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't embed the fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, but how can I embed the font used by the file? I found something on Google but sounds a little bit complicated. Do you have an example?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have your source as an InDesign document, then you can just let InDesign add the font in for you.  However if you don't want to use InDesign, then our ePub best practices guide both embeds a font and shows one way of doing it.  You can find it on our Digital Publishing Developers network site: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/digitalpublishing

The direct link to the guide is: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/digitalpublishing/epubs/EPUBBestPractices-1_0_3.epub

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx, I'll check the resources you specified.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've just tried the InDesign Export to Digital Edition.... The font I use is Akshar Unicode. I checked the "Include the Embeddable Fonts" but the result is still the same ... a lot of ????? in ADE. hmm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines