• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LOCKED - Troubles with RH's transform of FM figure titles/tbl captions' formats... Same problem?

Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2009 Dec 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Source agent:  FM 9.0p250, unstructured

Transformative agent:  RH 8.0.2.208

CPU:  Core2 Quad @ 2.4 GHz

RAM:  3.25 GB

Free Space:  12.6 GB

File Sys.:  NTFS

Swap: D & E (system-managed)

Is anyone else experiencing problems with RH not correctly transforming FM figure and table titles? I can get most of my design to work, but I am having a problem with RH not following-through with some of my table title format and figure title format specifications.

I am having problems with RH not correctly applying, or inconsistently applying, figure title and table caption attributes ("Paragraph" settings) that I specify through Project Settings | Import | Edit | Conversion Settings.

For example (in FM Table Designer), I have a table title paragraph design, "TT.Table Title", in which I specify Title > Above Table, and specify a paragraph design (FM style) of Arial, 10pt, regular, bold, 0" indents, alignment left. It works fine direct to print or PDF; the same is true with figure titles.

In RH (through Project Settings | Import > Edit | Conversion Settings [FrameMaker Settings] > Paragraph), I specify that the FM style is to transform through an RH style that I define (through Edit Style button > Styles > Format > Paragraph). I set the alignment, etc., as is required through RH, but when I look at the Design view and/or generate the output (say...Webhelp), RH has not correctly interpreted one or more of my specification's attributes.

For example, in the case of my table titles, in Design view, RH has centered the title (or in RH terms, the ''Caption") above the table. Or sometimes the bold attribute is missing. In Project Manager, if I right-click and select View, the title/caption sometimes appears as specified; however, if I Generate the WebHelp (or HTML Help, or whatever), the bold formatting isn't there.

I thought that maybe RH defaulted figure and table titles to a Caption, as that is what it calls that part in the Design view. But when I set Caption to my specs, it made no difference.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one sounds like it should be over in the FM Integration forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted the question here because it really isn't about FM integration but RH transformation. RH is integrating the input...it just isn't processing it correctly internally or as output. I have also posted the same question in the FM forum.

Thanks for your take on the question...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please don't post the same question in two categories as apart from being against the forum rules it results in messy answers. Some in one category and some in another.

Here's a link to the other thread for anyone able to help Burtin.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/542860

The FM Integration category is for anything to do with issues that arise with FM to RH. FM has its own category for FM issues and there are various RH categories for content created in RH.

I am going to lock this thread so that answers end up in the right place.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Follow me @petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp