3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2010 4:06 PM by ScottPakis

Click noise at beginning and end of voice recording

TomDeL

Hi,

I just recorded audio narrations for a number of slides in Captivate 4.  These is a very audible click at the beginning and end of each segment.  It occures both when I listen to the separate audio of each slide, and also when I convert it to a SWF file.

I tried selecting a few seconds at the beginning and the end of each segment to insert silence, but that didn't work.  Nor did it work when I cut/deleted the opening and closing seconds.  I still hear a very audible click or pop whereever the newly edited narration begins.

I saw something in another form about an audio patch for Captivate 4, but the link was broken.

Please help!

Thanks.

Tom

• 1. Re: Click noise at beginning and end of voice recording
          ScottPakis Level 1

Hi Tom,

We have experienced the same thing here at my work. We had narration created from 3 different people but one guy's narration had a click towards the beginning of the file, but only in captivate. Listening to the raw file was fine.

I belive this to be some sort of anomoly. Some of the files were fixed by copying and pasting the sound files from Soundbooth into a new document.  Sometimes that didn't work and we tried using the remove and reduce processes from within soundbooth. Still wasn't a 100% fixed on all 25 files we had but close.

So hopefully you have Soundbooth or another sound editor to see if this will work.

• 2. Re: Click noise at beginning and end of voice recording
            LeslieTeacher

ME TOO! It is driving me nuts.

• 3. Re: Click noise at beginning and end of voice recording
              ScottPakis Level 1

Hi we have a situation where the clicks mysteriously appear in captivate, but from just one of four of our narrators. Sounds odd but true.

The source files are fine.

One thing that seemed to work is to open the sound in Soundbooth (or other sound editing program), copy and paste it to a new file and save it. This worked most of the time.

Another thing I just tried was to add 2 seconds of silence at the beginning of the sound and import it into captivate. Then right click on the sound when it's on the timeline and choose edit. Select the 2 seconds of silence you added and delete it.

If you don't have a sound editing program you may attach the file I see what I can do to help.