2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2009 1:38 AM by vfxwizard

Diagnol Line with the Grid effect - HOW?????

Cris is Bliss Level 1

Hello all, I was wondering how I can create diagnol lines with the grid or other effect.  There is no way that I can see to rotate the grid. I guess I could create the grid on a 50% grey layer, rotate it, and use the overlay or other transfer mode to place it on my subject.  Or is the a better solution.

• 1. Re: Diagnol Line with the Grid effect - HOW?????
          vfxwizard

I'm not much into filters so someone else will surely come up with a better 1-click idea, as the only one that I can think of right now is CC Grid Wipe. It rotates at will and has decent antialiasing if you can live with the slight fade it produces at the edges (see attached settings).

Rotating the layer with a grid would also work, but it has to be higher res than what goes below or it will disappear at the edges.

Anyway all filters-based solutions would lack exact motion blur and may also pixelate.

My fav instead is to use a shape layer and a repeater. This allows endless control and pixel perfect animation: love 'em.

Just draw a rectangular shape layer centered on the screen, from the add submenu at the side choose a repeater, select number of copies, define spacing altering Y in the "Transform: Repeater 1" control and control rotation and line thickness amount from the "Transform: Rectangle 1" properties. For a Grid, duplicate and flip the layer. Hope it's useful.

AE-grids.png

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Diagnol Line with the Grid effect - HOW?????
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Cunning little trick:

• Effect --> Generate --> Grid - obvious
            • Effect --> Styleize --> Motion Tile - expand output height and output width
            • Effect --> Distort --> Transform - rotate the sucker

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful