2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2009 1:11 PM by RonNovy

is it possible to apply effects at an increasing rate

ed dimarzio

I guess i would like is to apply effects like reverb or detune that start off suttle and reach a peak i choose and contuniue till i want them to either fade away or stop? i believe this would be some kind of morphing or variable intensity included with an effect.

• 1. Re: is it possible to apply effects at an increasing rate
          RonNovy Level 2

I believe it is called a Wet & Dry mix.  If I remember correctly, Audition 1.0 and 1.5 were able to do automation of FX Wet&Dry on a per track basis. I don't recall if this is the same with 2.0 and 3.0, but I do know VST FX parameter automation is not currently possible...

• 2. Re: is it possible to apply effects at an increasing rate
            RonNovy Level 2

Sorry... Clicked send too soon.

To get a similar Wet/Dry effect you could copy the clips to another track and add the full effects to that.  Then use the gain/volume automation to set the level of effects on the track you created.

In some effects you can set the effect level to 100% and the dry mix to 0% and then just use the tracks Automation to mix the effect. But some effects mix the dry sound without giving you control of how much.  In that case, you may need to adjust the gain/volume automation of the original dry track to match the levels in the mix.

Ok... I think I got that right...