1 person found this helpful
You need to configure the email settings from adminui under the Process Management category.
Email setting are already configured and I am able to send emails from workflow.
Only the notify task event functionality not working.
I noticed that there is a service called TaskNotification. Do I need to configure it as well??
Even after changing the Email Server settings under server settings, I am not getting the email.
Found the location of Notification Settings under Server setting.
Now it works. Thanks Jasmin.
where can i configure these settings in LC ES2. Can anyone help me on this.?
Task notification email settings can be accessed via adminui at Home > Services > LiveCycle Process Management ES2 > Server Settings > Email Settings.
Just to clarify, there are two things you need to do to have users receive email notifications.
1. In Services->LiveCycle Process Management ES2->Server Settings->Email Settings, you need to set the SMTP information for outgoing email notifications for your LiveCycle server.
2. In Services->LiveCycle Process Management ES2->Server Settings->Task Notifications, you turn on which type of notification you want your users to receive and set the email template.
Select the "Enable Task Assignment" checkbox if that is the notification you want. You have 5 other types to choose from.
You can customize the template so that your users see a message of your choice.
i did the same after doing some research. thanx for ur input diana.
But clarify me on the below issue: Is there something related with the settings 1, 2 and 3 -->
1. Services->LiveCycle Process Management ES2->Server Settings->Email Settings
Services->LiveCycle Process Management ES2->Server Settings->Task Notifications in adminui of ES2
2. Preferences->Manage UI Settings->Notify Task Events via Email in Workspace ES2
3. Assign Task service->Custom Email Template->Task Assignment in Workbench ES2
I think all are grouped to the same sense.
If any one of the settings are made turned off, will that affect the task events sending via email..?
If 1 is turned off then yes, because the server won't be able to send email notifications
if 2 is turned off then, this particular user won't be able to receive email notifications.
If 3 is turned off then this particular user step won't send email notifications.
Does that make sense?
1st option - is used configure your email server setting.
-Note that this option is only to enable the outgoing email
2nd option - is used enable/disable notification settings at global level.
- Changing this setting will affect all users of the applications
- This option will be in effect only if you configure option1
3rd option - is to control the task notifications for individual users.
- users can personalize their own preferences (enable/disable notifications)
- this options is applicable only if option2 is enabled
There are two more places to configure your email settings:
4th option - Configuring the EmailService
- This option can be found on Home->Services->Applications and Services->EmailService:1.0
- This option is used configure both Incoming & Outgoing emails (again its global level)
5th option - Configuring email setting for SendEmail/ReceiveEmail activity
- If you wish to override the settings defined in option4, you could use choose this option.
- This option can be found at the property panel for the Email activities
Nith is correct.
Assign Task service->Custom Email Template->Task Assignment in Workbench ES2 will only work if Option 2 is enabled.
Email notifications at this level allow the process developer to override the server level settings for Task Assignment, Reminder and Deadline.
You can turn notifications off altogether for a specific task.
You can customize the email for a specific task.
Another benefit of the custom email on the task, is the ability to inject XPath expressions into your email template. These are resolved at runtime and allow more customized messages with process data.
Thats right. We can override the default email verbiage with our xpath expressions.
The option 4 which u have told is not available in ES2 FYI.