3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2010 10:51 PM by Stefan Unterthiner

Robohelp HTML, JBoss: UTF-8 Problem

Stefan Unterthiner

Hello

We use Robohelp 8 to create a web help for our JBOSS based project. Unfortunaltely, all files that robohelp creates use UTF-8, but the default of our JBOSS is ISO-8859-1.

So, if I open the help using Firefox in the web container I receive only "" and the encoding in the brower is set to ISO. IE8 can display the help in a correct way, I suppose this browser recognize the different character encoding.

The only thing that I can do to let it work in FF is to change the robohelp output html files and add this lines in each(!) htm file of the help

<?xml version="1.0"?>
      <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

To show the special characters in german like ä,ö,ü I have also to remove the charset in the <metatag> of the output files...

But every time I re-generate the output I have to redo this. Is there some possibility to change the character encoding in my robohelp source code? Unfortunaltely it seams impossible to change this things in masterfiles or robohelp pages in the UI

Has somebody a workaround?

Best regards

Stefan