I am not sure what the fix is but let me give it a try here for you. (Making sure edit works with questions 1,2,3)
1. What version of ColdFusion Builder are you running. Are you sure you are running Beta 3?
2. Can you access these files from your explorer window?
3. Are you using RDS to connect to these files or the file system? (should be able to do both but that might be helpful to know which is failing.)
4. Now the final question... by browse you might have a different issue. What version of CF server are you running? This might not be the issue but again could be if you are running developer version. If not an issue let me know and will try to hook up with you via connect to do an online screen share and help you out here.
Yes to 1, 2, and 3.
Running CF8 Enterprise edition. Also tried building a test machine with CF9 Developer and can't 'browse' that remotely either. I had a bit of success installing Builder directly on it and browsing locally, but couldn't browse anything that wasn't sitting directly in the root.
And the answers to question 4?
4) Running CF8 Enterprise edition. Also tried building a test machine with CF9 Developer and can't 'browse' that remotely either. I had a bit of success installing Builder directly on it and browsing locally, but couldn't browse anything that wasn't sitting directly in the root.
This is definitely a feature to get ironed out before it goes live. I know the this has been mentioned before and was on a list. (I mentioned a similar issue so underderstand.)
Right now we have to browse via a different window.
(Of course if you are using a framework, coding a CFC or many things like that you often have to do this.)
I will put some thought into this and see if it can be replicated to submit a bug. Have you submitted a bug on this? If you have I would be glad to vote on it for you.
It hadn't dawned on me to report it as a bug. I figured user error and bad documentation.
I've reported it as a bug now so if you'd care to vote that would be great.
It's a deal breaker for me. In Homesite I code/test, code/test, code/test about 6 million times a minute. Losing that ability is a productivity killer for me.
Thanks for the input!
Do you have the bug number?
Don't forget they will be coming back next week after being off 2 weeks.
I expect this one will be fixed. So in your case this should be a deal maker. I used to be a hard regular user of CFStudio. (The pre-homesite solution.) Understand why you like the tool because I used to build VTMs and more. Loved the tool. It is very exciting to see what they are doing in this IDE we have been waiting for all these years. They have a full support vote from me so far. Nothing compares with it's features... but being a 1.0 product we have to do what you did and file issues. That is great to see you jump in and do that. Kudos.
Thanks for logging the bug.
We will check the reproducibility and get back on this one.