2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2009 6:49 AM by the_wine_snob

PE8: Can't burn disc from work area only?

ruffhouseutah Level 1

Am I blind? I can't seem to find anywhere an option that will let me burn a disc from the work area only... is it there somewhere?

I see that option for sharing to the web, but not when burning a disc.

I have six hours of material on the timeline and was hoping to burn three discs, but PE8 is telling me that I don't have enough disc space for all 6 hours.  Well, duh, I know that, so I was planning on moving the work area over what I wanted to burn, like you can do in PrePro.  No go in PE8?

• 1. Re: PE8: Can't burn disc from work area only?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

No, it is not possible to burn from the Work Area Only. sorry.

The easiest solution might be to output your project as 4 or 5 AVIs (from Work Area Only) and then open a separate project for each as a DVD.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: PE8: Can't burn disc from work area only?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Because of a major difference between PrE and PrPro, Sequences, there are things that can be done in PrPro, that PrE cannot do.

Back in PrPro 2.0, one could Burn to DVD directly. That has not been possible, as of CS3. From there on, one had to either Export/Import from PrPro to Encore, or use Adobe Dynamic Link (strengthened and improved in CS4), to author a DVD/BD.

Steve's suggestion is the best - use the WAB to Export the segments that are required per DVD, and then do separate Projects for each. Import each DV-AVI that has been Exported, via the WAB, and then just Burn to DVD, for each one. It's two more steps, but gets the job done neatly.

Good luck,

Hunt