6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2008 12:01 PM by barkh_123

Error when publishing Windows Projector

barkh_123
      I am reworking a project from a few years ago and thus have to work in Director MX 2004. I am working on a Mac 10.5.4. Unfortunately, I am having a hard time publishing because Xtras are missing. Can anyone help me sort out my extras so that I can successfully publish the projector? Links to download the Xtras or providing them to me would be excellent. I am not having any problems publishing the Mac projector as all the Xtras are available, apparently I am only missing the window projector Xtras.

The error reads:
      Can't find the Xtra file "baWindows Xtra."
      Can't find the Xtra file "3d Auth Xtra."
      Can't find the Xtra file "BitdReader".

Another issue is that as I have been playing with and moving the Xtra files I have somehow created a new error:
      Director Play Error: A duplicate Xtra has been encountered in your Xtras folder(s). Please quit and rmove the duplicate to avoid a possible conflict.

The files and Xtras that I have installed currently on my computer can be viewed by looking at the screen shots included at this link: Link to ScreenShots

Thank you for your help. I am lost and this urgently needs fixing.
        • 1. Re: Error when publishing Windows Projector
          Level 7

> The error reads:
          > Can't find the Xtra file "baWindows Xtra."
          > Can't find the Xtra file "3d Auth Xtra."
          > Can't find the Xtra file "BitdReader".

baWindows is part of BuddyAPI. You can get it from
          http://www.mods.com.au/budapi/download.htm . It will be in the Mac
          version 1.79 bundle.

3d Auth is, as the name implies, only needed in Authoring mode. It does
          not need to be in a projector, and you should remove it from yours by
          going to Modify, Movie, Xtras. Find it in the list and remove it.

BitdReader is also authoring only, so remove it in the same way as the
          previous one.

> Director Play Error: A duplicate Xtra has been encountered in your Xtras
          > folder(s). Please quit and rmove the duplicate to avoid a possible conflict.

It looks like you have baWin and baWindows which are likely the same
          things with different names. Delete one of them.
          • 2. Re: Error when publishing Windows Projector
            barkh_123 Level 1
            Thank You. Removing the authoring xtras did indeed fix that problem.

> It looks like you have baWin and baWindows which are likely the same
            things with different names. Delete one of them.

I did delete one of them, but the Director error still occurred. Perhaps I have additional duplicates? I have updated my screenshots link to show the current state of my xtras. Link to Screen Shots

Also, I did download the Mac version 1.79 bundle. I did not place any of the files because it looked like I already had all of the files in my Configuration folders - perhaps even in multiples. Where is the proper place that these new files should be placed?

I appreciate your continued help.

Thanks again.
            • 3. Re: Error when publishing Windows Projector
              Level 7
              You have baWindows in the xtras folder and in the xtras:scripting
              folder. Delete one of them and I suspect that will fix the issue.

If you already have the files in the BuddyAPI, then there is no need to
              recopy them (unless there are different versions... make sure you use
              the most recent versions). If it is still not finding the
              cross-platform versions, then it is likely tat you have not yet edited
              your xtrainfo.txt file (it is in the configuration folder) You need to
              have a line that looks like this in there:

[#namePPC:"Buddy API Xtra", #nameW32:"BudAPI.x32"]

Make sure that those names match the names that you have... see the docs
              for more explanations. The docs that come with BuddyAPI are very
              thorough and helpful.
              • 4. Re: Error when publishing Windows Projector
                barkh_123 Level 1
                You are correct the xtrainfo.text file was not updated. I added the code you suggested above and
                [#namePPC:"Buddy API Xtra", #nameW32:"budapi.x32"]

> You have baWindows in the xtras folder and in the xtras:scripting
                folder. Delete one of them and I suspect that will fix the issue.

I deleted this file as well...however, Director still tells me I have duplicates.

Man, trying to fix this issue myself, I must have just placed these files everywhere I thought it could possibly work ... now I just have to figure out where to delete them.

Any other suggestions for what to delete? I've updated the screen shot link again. http://kbarkhurst.dot5hosting.com/xtraimage.html
                • 5. Re: Error when publishing Windows Projector
                  Level 7
                  You did not include a shot of your configuration:xtras:scripting folder.
                  I bet the problem is in there. you have baWindows and Buddy File in the
                  xtras folder.. make sure you do not also have them in the scripting folder.
                  • 6. Re: Error when publishing Windows Projector
                    barkh_123 Level 1
                    Thank You. All the discussed issues are now solved. These forums are really great. I can't wait to have enough knowledge to share and solve other user's problems/issues, too.