5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2008 2:55 PM by sammy545

Flex 3 / Cold Fusion wizard

sammy545
      The cold fusion wizard in flex 3 isn't working properly. When I press the button 'Edit Master Page' nothing happens. The Query builder is suppose to open up when the button is pressed. Everything up to this point works properly.

sammy
        • 1. Re: Flex 3 / Cold Fusion wizard
          Level 7
          Using Vista?

Try running Flex as Administrator

--
          Ken Ford
          Adobe Community Expert - Dreamweaver/ColdFusion
          Fordwebs, LLC
          http://www.fordwebs.com

"sammy545" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message news:g56bp0$h4q$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > The cold fusion wizard in flex 3 isn't working properly. When I press the
          > button 'Edit Master Page' nothing happens. The Query builder is suppose to
          > open up when the button is pressed. Everything up to this point works properly.
          >
          > sammy
          >
          • 2. Re: Flex 3 / Cold Fusion wizard
            sammy545 Level 1
            Yes, I am running vista and when I installed flex I didn't run (install) it as an administrator. I am going to do this later today and will let you know how it worked. Thank you for the suggestion.

sincerely,
            sammy
            • 3. Re: Flex 3 / Cold Fusion wizard
              Level 7
              You don't need to install it as Admin, just try to run the program as Admin

--
              Ken Ford
              Adobe Community Expert - Dreamweaver/ColdFusion
              Fordwebs, LLC
              http://www.fordwebs.com

"sammy545" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message news:g57knp$bs$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Yes, I am running vista and when I installed flex I didn't run (install) it as
              > an administrator. I am going to do this later today and will let you know how
              > it worked. Thank you for the suggestion.
              >
              > sincerely,
              > sammy
              >
              • 4. Flex 3 / Cold Fusion wizard
                sammy545 Level 1
                I ended up reinstalling flex 3 as an administrator and it solved the problem of not being able to get into the query browser. How do you run a program as an administrator. I spent about a half hour looking for documentation on this subject before reinstalling but I couldn't find anything helpful.

sammy
                • 5. Re: Flex 3 / Cold Fusion wizard
                  sammy545 Level 1
                  I finally figured this thing out. Your right I didn't need to uninstall anything. All I needed to do was right click on flex 3 (on the file that starts flex) and select 'run as administrator'. Thanks again for your help.

sammy