3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2009 9:12 AM by the_wine_snob

Crashing and Closing Issues

DigitalReporter

Working with 100+  4 second .MEG files.

I've been getting this error message when WATCHING the clips in the timeline:

Sorry, a serious error has occurred that requires Adobe Premiere Elements to shut down. We will atempt to save your current project.

After editing and saving a .WMV file, I got the above error message at Frame 970 twice. (How do I find where Fame 970 is? I would like to delete it and see if it fixed the problem.)

Premiere Elements closes after the error message appears.

Please advise.

• 1. Re: Crashing and Closing Issues
          the_wine_snob Level 9

For Frames in PrE, just take your Frame #, say 970 in your case and divide by your Frame Rate, say 29.97 fps. That will give you the TimeCode point, which would be right at 54 sec. into the Timeline. In PrPro, one can Rt-click on the TimeCode box in the Program Monitor and choose Frames, but unless PrE 8 has added that, one must do the math.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - please tell us about the MPEG source files. MPEG is but a wrapper, and much can be inside those.

• 2. Re: Crashing and Closing Issues
            DigitalReporter Level 1

I've spend 3+ hours trying to work this out. A 30 second file did successfully rendered!

The file failed to render at:

1 minute

2.5 minutes

5 minutes

7+ minutes

There are 176 video clips in the 7+ minute project.

I also deleted the first 1 minute of the 5 minute file. The project failed to render.

Camera: Canon FS200

Mode: Video Snap (4 second clips)

I'm going to see if Windows Movie maker will work...

WMM will snip off the right and left sides of the wide screen image...but it is time to move on.

• 3. Re: Crashing and Closing Issues
              the_wine_snob Level 9

First thing that I would do would be to run one of those files through the freeware utility, G-Spot, to get the full info on them. I am not familiar with the footage from that camera, but it might be a simple task to get things working fine - maybe a different Project Preset, or conversion of the footage, prior to Import. With all of that info from G-Spot, a suggestion will probably be forthcoming. It is likely that you will not have to live with cropped Frame Sizes, but without more info, we'll not know for sure.

Good luck,

Hunt