3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2008 4:33 AM by Newsgroup_User

Dreamweaver Hotspots fracturing PSD images

baldrn Level 1
      I have a PSD image I want to publish in Dreamweaver CS3. I can make a hotspot in DW, but after hitting "enter", it sort of fractures the image template. That is, pieces of the image become not aligned and it looks really bad. Is there a way to do this in DW without putting the PSD back thru PS and slicing it again?
      Thanks,
      Mark
        • 1. Re: Dreamweaver Hotspots fracturing PSD images
          Level 7
          >>fractures the image template
          What is an "image template"

What you're describing doesn't seem possible. There must be more steps you
          aren't describing. Best bet is to upload the page, gives us a link and then
          describe in detail the steps you took and exactly where the problems are.
          --

Walt

"baldrn" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:g5gvde$7pp$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I have a PSD image I want to publish in Dreamweaver CS3. I can make a
          >hotspot
          > in DW, but after hitting "enter", it sort of fractures the image template.
          > That
          > is, pieces of the image become not aligned and it looks really bad. Is
          > there a
          > way to do this in DW without putting the PSD back thru PS and slicing it
          > again?
          > Thanks,
          > Mark
          >

• 2. Re: Dreamweaver Hotspots fracturing PSD images
            baldrn Level 1
            Hi Walt,
            I found out what was happening and can fix some but not all.

I may have been using the wrong wording with "image template". What I was referring to is the free website templates that are included with my hosting account. They come in PSD or html. I opened the PSD with PS and made edits. Then saved as "web page", opened with DW and then tried to make a hotspot to an html page and that's when it fractured the table setup. It wasn't an image, it was tables.
            Thanks,
            Mark
            • 3. Re: Dreamweaver Hotspots fracturing PSD images
              Level 7
              The truth of the matter is that any HTML written by a graphics application
              (whether it be PS, or FW, or whatever), is only useful for prototyping work.
              It is just not robust enough for use on the web.

If you give us a link to your page, so we can examine its code, the issues
              there will be easy to spot.

What this means for you is that if you are serious about using DW for web
              development, you will have to become much more capable with HTML and CSS. A
              good place to start is here - http://www.w3schools.com.

--
              Murray --- ICQ 71997575
              Adobe Community Expert
              (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
              ==================
              http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
              http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
              ==================

"baldrn" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:g5i1mi$dnc$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Hi Walt,
              > I found out what was happening and can fix some but not all.
              >
              > I may have been using the wrong wording with "image template". What I was
              > referring to is the free website templates that are included with my
              > hosting
              > account. They come in PSD or html. I opened the PSD with PS and made
              > edits.
              > Then saved as "web page", opened with DW and then tried to make a hotspot
              > to an
              > html page and that's when it fractured the table setup. It wasn't an
              > image, it
              > was tables.
              > Thanks,
              > Mark
              >
              >