3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2009 10:47 AM by the_wine_snob

OT - question on private messages

dradeke Adobe Employee

Hi all,

Is there any way for me to set up a preference for me to be notified when I receive a private message?  I'm trying to be responsive, but I don't notice when I get a private message and as you can imagine, I'm juggling several things all of the time.  I didn't see anything in preferences - is there a way to be notified?

Thanks,

Dennis

• 1. Re: OT - question on private messages
          Powered by Design Level 4

im not sure how but I get a notice just like my other notices from when someone replies to me.

it just says I have a private message.

im sure there is a check box somewhere.

Glenn

• 2. Re: OT - question on private messages
            Powered by Design Level 4

after looking all i can tell is i have both boxes checked yet under "your stuff" preferences

it just goes to my e-mail.

also I have noticed that when I get a private message the 'Your Stuff" above turns ORANGE

and when I click it it shows the private message.

ENjoy:  GLenn

• 3. Re: OT - question on private messages
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Dennis,

I had this set, as you wish to, but with the recent forum maintenance, and my having to go from IE 7 to Google Chrome to get some functionality back, I have not been able to get it to work reliably. Now, I have to say that today, I DID get notification of a PM, so something is working right again, and not really from anything that I did in either my Profile, or with Google Chrome - I gave up trying two weeks ago.

I'm not sure if maybe Jive and/or Adobe has made another change and gotten this function back, or if it's the phases of the Moon? I can only say that the PM e-mail notification was the only one that I wanted, and could do nothing to get it back. Then, today I got my first PM e-mail in about a month.

Sorry to not have a definitive answer, other than to say that it started working for me today.

Good luck,

Hunt