2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2009 12:07 PM by _Natasha_

Module communication ….

aktell2007 Level 1

I’m working on a single modular application which has several levels and on these levels I do have a module which I use as a ‘Main Carrier module ***’ for other sub modules.
      Now one of these Sub modules has a component attached, and I do need to ‘CLICK’ a button in that component which in return activates a certain ‘Click of a Button’ in the ‘Main Carrier module ***’ through a Button Click Handler or else?
      I’m mostly interested in the idea and how to write and use the ‘Button Click handler’ etc.

*** Is NOT the Application module!!!

Any help would be appreciated very much since I have been looking for a couple of days and could not find anything.

Thanks in advance aktell2007

• 1. Re: Module communication ….
          _Natasha_ Level 4

Hi,

I think that the best way for this is generating a custom event in click event handler in your module and listen this event in main Application or any other module. Other ways will be much harder to realize.

• 2. Re: Module communication ….
            aktell2007 Level 1

I tried to convey in my thread that there is NO-need for Inter Communication between the Application module (parent.Application) and the so called ‘Main Carrier module ***’ just between two modules in which one has a component the other not.

I’m using communication between modules e.g. enabled or say visible and that’s OK, but I have not used it where I have to ‘CLICK’. I was only looking for ideas of code to use for something like a buttonClickHandler? To action a click event.

Thanks in advance aktell