8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2009 3:01 PM by the_wine_snob

Shortcuts

deakant

Hi all,

I have Premiere Pro CS3. I am trying to find a shortcut for the temporal interpolation ease out, ease in functions. But cannot find them in the manaul or google.

Thank you

josel

• 1. Re: Shortcuts
          Bill Gehrke Most Valuable Participant

Use Adobe After Effests.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Shortcuts
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Josel,

I'm not sure that there is a keyboard shortcut for these. One might be able to establish a custom keyboard shortcut, but as the type of Keyframe choices will differ on the Effect, to which they are applied, maybe not.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Shortcuts
              deakant Level 1

Thanks all,

Will try and use AE and tinker with Preniere Pro.

Bye the way does Premiere Pro CS4 have this function?

josel

• 4. Re: Shortcuts
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Josel,

I find that the Keyframing in PrPro is very powerful. I use it for most of my animation. Only when it is incapable, do I turn to the excellent AE. It's like the MasterCard commercials - for most animation, there's Keyframing in PrPRo - for everything else, there's AfterEffects... " [Apologies to the copywriters on the MasterCard ads.]

Also, explore some of the other Bezier Velocity controls in PrPRo. I use Ease-In & Ease-Out a lot, but there are some additional Velocity controls available.

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Shortcuts
                  deakant Level 1

Please excuse my ignorance, but in AE do you just use opacity keyframing?

• 6. Re: Shortcuts
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

If I a following your question, then yes, you can Keyframe the Opacity in AE. Now, AE has far more power, than just that Effect, but I do not think that is what you are asking.

Good luck, and let me know if I missed what you wanted to know.

Hunt

• 7. Re: Shortcuts
                      deakant Level 1

Sorry, Hunt

I was not making my self clear. Basically how do you perform temporal interpolation ease in ease out (as in Premiere Pro) but do all this in  AE, and then save as a shortcut or deafault in AE?

josel

• 8. Re: Shortcuts
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Thanks for the clarification. Sorry, but I do not think that I have ever saved a Preset in AE. Maybe others can give you the instructions for doing that.

Good luck,

Hunt