1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 2, 2010 3:06 AM by BasilGr

Self-Signed ssl certificates + wsdl

BasilGr

Hello, i've been developing an application with Flash Builder but i've been stuck on a silly problem for the last couple of days.

The application will be used on about 2500 PCs and every computer connects on a webservice of one of the 170 available servers.

The apllication is requesting data from the server, and the WSDL for the webservice is on an HTTPS connection.

When i'm trying to import the WSDL through DATA->Connect to WebService>WSDL URI i get this error

There was an error during service introspection.
      WSDLException: faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: Unable to resolve imported document at 'https://pdc81/soap.php?wsdl'.: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

I've tried importing the certificate with keytool -import -alias pdc81 -file server.crt -keystore ..\Adobe Flash Builder Beta 2\jre\lib\security\cacerts

but the problem remains.

The certificate is SelfSigned as it is impossible for us to buy 170+ certificates.

So my questions are simple.

Can i import the certificate or instruct Flash Bulder (or eclipse) to ignore self-signed certificates and import them?

Will i have to import every certificate from each server or is this required only for the initial import?

I can't imagine my self stalling the project for such a silly issue of i'll just go nuts!

Thanks in advance for your help!