12 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2010 6:59 AM by jihabkash

Download .exe file on Mac?

I'm trying to download Dreamweaver 8 on my Mac. The download that I have has an .exe extension and I know that this is a Windows extension. How do I make this work on my Mac? Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Download .exe file on Mac?
          Level 7

> I'm trying to download Dreamweaver 8 on my Mac. The download that I have has
          > an .exe extension and I know that this is a Windows extension. How do I make
          > this work on my Mac? Thanks!

Where are you downloading this from?

Go to adobe.com ->downloads and get the trial download of dw CS3/mac

--
          Alan
          Adobe Community Expert, dreamweaver

http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/

• 2. Re: Download .exe file on Mac?
            Level 7
            > I'm trying to download Dreamweaver 8 on my Mac. The download that I have
            > has an .exe extension and I know that this is a Windows extension. How do
            > I make this work on my Mac?

Purchase Windows, install it on your Mac, and then install the EXE file you
            downloaded.

Or, go download the Macintosh version of Dreamweaver instead.

-Darrel

• 3. Re: Download .exe file on Mac?
              Level 7
              czarredd wrote:
              > I'm trying to download Dreamweaver 8 on my Mac. The download that I have has an .exe extension and I know that this is a Windows extension. How do I make this work on my Mac? Thanks!

You don't. The .exe version runs on Windows only. Since Dreamweaver 8 is
              no longer officially distributed by Adobe, it sounds as though you're
              getting the download from an unreliable (and probably illegal) source.
              Go to the Adobe site, and download the Mac version of Dreamweaver CS3.
              You can try it free of charge for 30 days. After that, you have to pay
              for a licence.

--
              David Powers, Adobe Community Expert
              Author, "The Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS3" (friends of ED)
              Author, "PHP Solutions" (friends of ED)
              http://foundationphp.com/
              • 4. Re: Download .exe file on Mac?
                Level 1
                I originally purchased Dreamweaver 8 and lost the disc while moving dorms. I found a downloadable link online and figured I could just use my purchased license. I can't afford CS3 right now unfortunately.....
                • 5. Re: Download .exe file on Mac?
                  Level 7
                  >I originally purchased Dreamweaver 8 and lost the disc while moving dorms.
                  >I
                  > found a downloadable link online and figured I could just use my purchased
                  > license. I can't afford CS3 right now unfortunately.....

You should be able to...as long as you get the Mac version of the software.

-Darrel

• 6. Re: Download .exe file on Mac?
                    Level 7
                    If the location you found online is not ADOBE, then nobody knows what else
                    you would be getting besides DW. I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole.

--
                    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
                    Adobe Community Expert
                    (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
                    ==================
                    http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                    http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
                    ==================

"czarredd" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
                    news:fvvv7r$9u6$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                    >I originally purchased Dreamweaver 8 and lost the disc while moving dorms.
                    >I
                    > found a downloadable link online and figured I could just use my purchased
                    > license. I can't afford CS3 right now unfortunately.....
                    >

• 7. Re: Download .exe file on Mac?
                      Level 1
                      Yah...I definitely don't want any viruses....Does anyone know where I can get Dreamweaver 8 for Mac. I just hate to be sitting on a license and no way to use it....and chalking it up as a waste of money! thanks for all your help!
                      • 8. Re: Download .exe file on Mac?
                        Level 7
                        czarredd wrote:
                        > Yah...I definitely don't want any viruses....Does anyone know where I can get
                        > Dreamweaver 8 for Mac. I just hate to be sitting on a license and no way to use
                        > it....and chalking it up as a waste of money! thanks for all your help!

If you registered your version of DW8, Adobe support might be able to
                        supply a link to a legitimate download. Another possibility is to find a
                        book that has a trial version on a CD-ROM. I know that Joe Lowery's
                        "Dreamweaver Bible" used to have trial versions on the CD-ROM, but I'm
                        not sure whether the DW8 version did. The trial version is the same as
                        the full version. Just enter your serial number when prompted.

--
                        David Powers, Adobe Community Expert
                        Author, "The Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS3" (friends of ED)
                        Author, "PHP Solutions" (friends of ED)
                        http://foundationphp.com/
                        • 9. Re: Download .exe file on Mac?
                          Level 7
                          To add to what David said, you might even find a book with a DW8 CD in
                          your local library. As long as you have your serial no., you should be
                          able to install from the trial version.

--
                          Bonnie

David Powers wrote:
                          > czarredd wrote:
                          >> Yah...I definitely don't want any viruses....Does anyone know where I
                          >> can get Dreamweaver 8 for Mac. I just hate to be sitting on a license
                          >> and no way to use it....and chalking it up as a waste of money! thanks
                          >> for all your help!
                          >
                          > If you registered your version of DW8, Adobe support might be able to
                          > supply a link to a legitimate download. Another possibility is to find a
                          > book that has a trial version on a CD-ROM. I know that Joe Lowery's
                          > "Dreamweaver Bible" used to have trial versions on the CD-ROM, but I'm
                          > not sure whether the DW8 version did. The trial version is the same as
                          > the full version. Just enter your serial number when prompted.
                          >
                          • 10. Re: Download .exe file on Mac?
                            Level 1
                            I was able to contact support and they looked up my info and hooked me up big time. However my next problem is, how do I go about edit an existing website. I have the root folder on my computer, but how do I proceed with placing the files in my Dreamweaver 8. Any help would be great.
                            • 11. Re: Download .exe file on Mac?
                              Level 7
                              define a "site" in dreamweaver.

Open the F1 help and search for the info.

--
                              Alan
                              Adobe Community Expert, dreamweaver

http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/

• 12. Backup disc for my dreamweaver.
                                jihabkash Level 1

I have a Dreamweaver on my computer I lost my disc, I want to make sure I can reload program if my computer crashes, is there a way to backup my app. on a disc just in case.

Thanks