Expand my Community achievements bar.

Connection lost

Former Community Member

Hi - I'm trying to figure out what happens when a connection to the service is lost.

I have a listener for ConnectSessionEvent.CLOSE

I tried disconnecting my LAN and this is the error I get in flash.

I'm not sure what I can do to catch/prevent the error so I can post a message to the user.

ArgumentError: Error #2126: NetConnection object must be connected.
     at flash.net::NetConnection/get nearID()
     at com.adobe.rtc.sharedManagers::StreamManager/createStream()[C:\work\main\connect\SDKApp\payload\libs\flashOnly\player10\src\com\adobe\rtc\sharedManagers\StreamManager.as:682]
     at com.adobe.rtc.collaboration::WebcamPublisher/createMyStream()[C:\work\main\connect\SDKApp\payload\libs\flashOnly\player10\src\com\adobe\rtc\collaboration\WebcamPublisher.as:1142]
     at com.adobe.rtc.collaboration::WebcamPublisher/publish()[C:\work\main\connect\SDKApp\payload\libs\flashOnly\player10\src\com\adobe\rtc\collaboration\WebcamPublisher.as:761]
     at dk.lektieronline.view.component.webcam::Webcam/addLocalCam()[C:\Users\tola.PEOPLEGROUP\Workspace\Lektier Online\source\classes\dk\lektieronline\view\component\webcam\Webcam.as:117]
     at dk.lektieronline.view.component.webcam::Webcam()[C:\Users\tola.PEOPLEGROUP\Workspace\Lektier Online\source\classes\dk\lektieronline\view\component\webcam\Webcam.as:51]
     at dk.lektieronline.controller::SessionConnectionEstablished/execute()[C:\Users\tola.PEOPLEGROUP\Workspace\Lektier Online\source\classes\dk\lektieronline\controller\SessionConnectionEstablished.as:103]
     at org.puremvc.as3.core::Controller/executeCommand()[C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.CapricornOne\My Documents\My Workspaces\PureMVC\PureMVC_AS3\src\org\puremvc\as3\core\Controller.as:115]
     at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()
     at org.puremvc.as3.patterns.observer::Observer/notifyObserver()[C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.CapricornOne\My Documents\My Workspaces\PureMVC\PureMVC_AS3\src\org\puremvc\as3\patterns\observer\Observer.as:100]
     at org.puremvc.as3.core::View/notifyObservers()[C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.CapricornOne\My Documents\My Workspaces\PureMVC\PureMVC_AS3\src\org\puremvc\as3\core\View.as:126]
     at org.puremvc.as3.patterns.facade::Facade/notifyObservers()[C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.CapricornOne\My Documents\My Workspaces\PureMVC\PureMVC_AS3\src\org\puremvc\as3\patterns\facade\Facade.as:404]
     at org.puremvc.as3.patterns.facade::Facade/sendNotification()[C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.CapricornOne\My Documents\My Workspaces\PureMVC\PureMVC_AS3\src\org\puremvc\as3\patterns\facade\Facade.as:387]
     at org.puremvc.as3.patterns.observer::Notifier/sendNotification()[C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.CapricornOne\My Documents\My Workspaces\PureMVC\PureMVC_AS3\src\org\puremvc\as3\patterns\observer\Notifier.as:49]
     at dk.lektieronline.model::SessionProxy/onConnectionEstablished()[C:\Users\tola.PEOPLEGROUP\Workspace\Lektier Online\source\classes\dk\lektieronline\model\SessionProxy.as:78]
     at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
     at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
     at com.adobe.rtc.session::ConnectSession/onDisconnect()[C:\work\main\connect\SDKApp\payload\libs\flashOnly\player10\src\com\adobe\rtc\session\ConnectSession.as:468]
     at com.adobe.rtc.session.managers::SessionManagerBase/http://www.adobe.com/2006/connect/cocomo/session/internal::disconnect()[C:\work\main\connect\SDKApp\payload\libs\flashOnly\player10\src\com\adobe\rtc\session\managers\SessionManagerBase.as:112]
     at com.adobe.rtc.session.managers::SessionManagerFMS/onFmsConnectorDisconnect()[C:\work\main\connect\SDKApp\payload\libs\flashOnly\player10\src\com\adobe\rtc\session\managers\SessionManagerFMS.as:252]
     at com.adobe.rtc.session.sessionClasses::FMSConnector/mainNetStatusHandler()[C:\work\main\connect\SDKApp\payload\libs\flashOnly\player10\src\com\adobe\rtc\session\sessionClasses\FMSConnector.as:534]

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Just found out that SessionEvent.SYNCHRONIZATION_CHANGE is dispatched when the connection is lost.

But I get another error after the 5 times it tries to reconnect:

TOOMANYATTEMPTS: undefined
     at com.adobe.rtc.session.managers::SessionManagerBase/receiveError()[C:\work\main\connect\SDKApp\payload\libs\flashOnly\player10\src\com\adobe\rtc\session\managers\SessionManagerBase.as:271]
     at com.adobe.rtc.session.managers::SessionManagerFMS/receiveError()[C:\work\main\connect\SDKApp\payload\libs\flashOnly\player10\src\com\adobe\rtc\session\managers\SessionManagerFMS.as:288]
     at com.adobe.rtc.session.managers::SessionManagerAdobeHostedServices/receiveError()[C:\work\main\connect\SDKApp\payload\libs\flashOnly\player10\src\com\adobe\rtc\session\managers\SessionManagerAdobeHostedServices.as:254]
     at com.adobe.rtc.session.managers::SessionManagerAdobeHostedServices/getFMSXML()[C:\work\main\connect\SDKApp\payload\libs\flashOnly\player10\src\com\adobe\rtc\session\managers\SessionManagerAdobeHostedServices.as:167]
     at com.adobe.rtc.session.managers::SessionManagerAdobeHostedServices/tryFMSAgain()[C:\work\main\connect\SDKApp\payload\libs\flashOnly\player10\src\com\adobe\rtc\session\managers\SessionManagerAdobeHostedServices.as:284]
     at flash.utils::Timer/tick()

Former Community Member

Hi ,

When your connection is lost, ConnectSession first throws SessionEvent.DISCONNECT which in turns throws SessionEvent.SYNCHRONIZATION_CHANGE as well as sets the isSynchronized property of a CollectionNode to false, i.e. CollectionNode is no longer synchronized.

However, if your connection comes back within a particular timeframe, it tries to Reconnect and resync to the server and is able to do so.

And if it can't then it just throws exception. Your error shows in this case, it tried to reconnect few times but failed in the timeframe so permanently failing.

Do you get this error always or you are able to reconnect fine at other times?

Regarding error in your previous email regarding near ID , I don’t get it locally but will investigate why it happens on reconnect. Looks like a flash player version conflict between 9 and 10.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Former Community Member

It does reconnect fine.

But I would like to catch that exception - just because I dislike exceptions and errors

Thanks

Former Community Member

Sure. Can you write a small app with the player version and the swc you are using that throws this error on reconnect? I will then take a look.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu