• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setup Assistant pops up when opening Digital Editions

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2009 Dec 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I open Digital Editions, it goes into Setup Assistant even though I have set up the program numerous times.  I know this can't be correct.  Have I done something wrong?  I have an Adobe account and password setup.  Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system is doing the same thing. I spend 2 hours on hold only to have my battery go dead on the phone. good luck pleas post anything you find out. as will I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually with cases like yours it's something preventing ADE from saving information to the registry:

1.) A permissions issue

2.) A registry cleaner

3.) An AV program preventing access.

Try this, launch ADE from the desktop shortcut (or go find the executable and double click on it), go through the activation process, quit ADE and relaunch.  (This will prevent some problems with the browser launching ADE in low rights mode).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2010 Jan 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been having the same problem and would like to know how to prevent it. I am currently awaiting a response from Adobe on a too many activations error case that I have raised but once that has been fixed would want to try and prevent recurrence. My AV software is Norton Internet Security. I do have registry cleaning software on my pc but have not used it in some time. Not sure how relevant a permissions issue would be on a personal computer. Some help would be much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines