8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2010 5:10 PM by Thomas L (Adobe)

How to install FC on Vista Premium?

leapdog

The installer fails every time and provides no information as to why (just says "Installation failed.")

If this is a known issue, and relevant documentation exists, I'd greatly appreciate being pointed to it.

If none exists, I will look into FC in a few months. I'm not interested in trying FC if it means I have to troubleshoot it just to install it.

Thanks for your time.

• 1. Re: How to install FC on Vista Premium?
          SetScreenName2

I actually am having the same problem.  I have Vista installed and the install screen allows me to enter the serial number but stops working after I click Next.  I try to Continue as Trial but that also fails to load the application.  I would personally love a fix to this.  Thanks!

• 2. Re: How to install FC on Vista Premium?
            Thomas L (Adobe) Adobe Employee

There is a known issue about installation will end with "Installation failed with error".   This happens if user have also installed a pre-release build of Flash that currently in development.  Also if you're pre-release tester for Creative Suite application, then you may also see this because Flash Player version.   However, even with message after installation, we found FC should launch and work.

Sounds like you're seeming the error but also unable to use FC, then we would appericated if more data can provide to us.

For one, Please attach the installer log file, it's very useful for us.

You can find it at

\\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5 1.0 <day of installation>.log.gz

Sec, run a version test on your web broswer, and included what you have.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

Finally, please provide more details about what system & platform locals,  any prior FC installed, any other pre-release applications from Adobe ?

Thanks again for your help.

• 3. Re: How to install FC on Vista Premium?
              SetScreenName2 Level 1

Thomas, thanks for following up.

I have attached both logs (yesterday's initial install and today's re-install).

My Player version is: WIN 10,0,32,18

Debug Version: Yes

Video Capable: Yes

Audio Capale: Yes

Local File I/O Enabled: Yes

I also see files for Adobe AIR, Soundbooth CS3,  Creative Suite 3 Design Premium, and InDesign in the Installers folder.

Thanks,

Ali

Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 20:09:29 -0700

To: undertheduskisail@hotmail.com

Subject: How to install FC on Vista Premium?

There is a known issue about installation will end with "Installation failed with error".   This happens if user have also installed a pre-release build of Flash that currently in development.  Also if you're pre-release tester for Creative Suite application, then you may also see this because Flash Player version.   However, even with message after installation, we found FC should launch and work.

Sounds like you're seeming the error but also unable to use FC, then we would appericated if more data can provide to us.

For one, Please attach the installer log file, it's very useful for us.

You can find it at

Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5 1.0 <day of installation>.log.gz

Sec, run a version test on your web broswer, and included what you have.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

Finally, please provide more details about what system & platform locals,  any prior FC installed, any other pre-release applications from Adobe ?

Thanks again for your help.

>

• 4. Re: How to install FC on Vista Premium?
                leapdog Level 1

Thanks for the reply, Thomas.

I'm attaching the installer log file.

Player: WIN 10,0,32,18

Debug: YES

Video: YES

Audio: YES

Local File I/O enable: YES

Other info:

My computer and OS are 64-bit.

I have no other version of FC (can't install it)

I have Flash Builder beta 2

David

• 5. Re: How to install FC on Vista Premium?

Thanks for the responds.

Unfortunately,  installer logs get strip out (by Forums) after attached.

May I trouble you once more to  send it direct to me <tlin@adobe.com>.  Please zip it prior send.

If you want, you can also open the installer file, copy/paste the info in a simple text or in the replay here.

Sorry to the trouble.

Thanks

• 6. Re: How to install FC on Vista Premium?

David,

There was an issue came up last week relates to FC installation failed (Unable to start)  after FB pre-release is installed.  The issue report against FC & FB build number 265873, but maybe issue maybe in builds a bit older than that.  Our engineers are working on that and should have it resolved early next week.  It maybe the reason why FC installs failed for you, a workaround is to Remove FB pre-release build. Install FC should be okay.

But please noted till fixes are in next week, FB and FC are likely can not be co-exist on the same system.

Thanks

Thomas

• 7. Re: How to install FC on Vista Premium?
                      leapdog Level 1

Thomas,

Thank you for this information.  I would prefer not to uninstall FB since I use it everyday, so I will wait until the engineers fix the problem (I hope that is the issue for me and not something else).

David

• 8. Re: How to install FC on Vista Premium?

Understood, thanks for your patience.

If you still have the log file, pls send it over.  Nice to have to make sure your issue is addressed before next pre-release drop.

Have a great day.