16 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2009 12:05 PM by Ann Bens

PSD import - unsuppported format or damaged file

Jon-M-Spear Level 4

Hi. Previous, similar, threads don't seem to quite answer this odd issue.  I have Photoshop CS3, PP CS4 on Windows 7 64-bit.

Working on a PAL 16:9 widescreen 1:45 format, I have successfully imported a 1024 x 576 RGB square pixel multi-layered PSD file as a sequence.  I have been back into Photoshop and edited the graphic/ added layers and reimported successfully many times.

Today, when I added more layers, I got the messaage that the file is either damaged or is an unsupported format, and it will no longer import.  If I save the file as a layered TIF, PP CS4 will import - but only as a flat image.  The dynamic link remains intact because the previoulsy imported layers are still available in PP.

What's changed:  Yesterday I had a Media Encoder issue which is a known bug if PP CS3 has previoulsy been on the system (dynamic link not working).  The solution was to uninstall PP CS4 and reinstall it.  This has resolved the Media Encoder issue.  Could it be responsible for my current problem?

Thanks in advance.

Jonty MS