10 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2009 2:16 PM by jgaasbeek001

Settings for exporting stills

jgaasbeek001

If I remember correctly, PrE 4 allowed certain options to be set when exporting frames as pictures, such as the file format, aspect ratio and interlining. As my camera has native 16:9 lens and sensors (Sony HDR FX1), I had to set the aspect ratio to 1:1 in order to have my pictures in the right shape. Now I am missing these options, or am I looking at the wrong place?

• 1. Re: Settings for exporting stills
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Export>Frame>Settings will give you all of that. Here's a look at the various dialog boxes:

Export_Frame_01.jpg

Note: you will only see one dialog screen at a time, depending on the tab that you select. This is a composite.

Hope that this helps,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Settings for exporting stills
            jgaasbeek001 Level 1

Hunt,

This is not what I get to see when I start with the 'camera-icon' and than

choose "export".

Here is a screen shot of the file dialog box that I am being presented with:

no options. Or should I activate the options elsewhere?

Kind regards

Jan Maarten Gaasbeek

• 3. Re: Settings for exporting stills
              the_wine_snob Level 9

I do not use the "camera" icon, but will try it. I access the above by Export>Frame from the toolbar. Note: Export (Toolbar) is grayed out in PrE 8.

Back in a moment,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Settings for exporting stills
                the_wine_snob Level 9

OK, from that camera icon, choose Export, which brings up the destination folder and file name dialog box. Look down the buttons on the lower-right for Settings (below Save and Cancel). There, you will get what I showed.

Hope that this helps,

Hunt

PS - I had to hunt for that camera icon!

• 5. Re: Settings for exporting stills
                  jgaasbeek001 Level 1

Hunt,

Thanks for all the effort, but in my software, there appear only 2 buttons

in the file select box: "Save" and "cancel". See attached screenshot.

Jan Maarten Gaasbeek

Ps I am using a Dutch version, hope you understand what is in there

• 6. Re: Settings for exporting stills
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Sorry, but I could not find the link to your screen-shot. You can use the little "camera" icon on the lower-middle of the editing screen's Toolbar.

Here are the screens and buttons that I get with the US version of PrE 4. Does your version language, your OS language and your keyboard language all match = Dutch?

Export_Frame_02.jpg

Also, if you use the Toolbar and choose File>Export>Frame, do you get the settings screens?

Do you have WindowBlinds? That has caused problems with button displays on Adobe programs' dialog boxes. If so, get the update.

Have you updated your video driver very recently? If not, update from the card mfgr's site, or Dell's, or HP's site, if you have either of those computer makes.

Sorry that you are not seeing the buttons and the settings screens.

Hunt

• 7. Re: Settings for exporting stills
                      jgaasbeek001 Level 1

Hunt,

Seems that this is yet another thing that is not working properly. Under

"File" there is no export function whatshowever. The only way to generate

output is saving the export file that is created after activating the camera

(as in your latest screenshot), or under the "share" options. Yes, I have

update my drivers, prior to that, I could not even run PrE 8 as you may

remember from my input in the thread "Is Premiere Elements 8 working

correctly for you?" I am not familiar with Windows Blinds, so I suppose I

don't have it. And yes, both OS and Adobe are Dutch versions. Could it have

something to do with renaming the file ad2m2ve.ax into ad2m2ve.ax.old as

suggested by Chad Baker in the thread "PE 8 causus problem with Windows

Media Center" Could that have anything to do with it? By the way, I still

have the media center functions disabled in the system configuration.

Jan Maarten Gaasbeek

• 8. Re: Settings for exporting stills
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Uh-oh,

You are on PrE 8. I had picked up the PrE 4 in the first post.

Export is dead in the Toolbar in PrE 8. All is from Share now. The screen-caps that I have been posting are from PrE 4, which is what I thought you were still using. Sorry about my confusion.

Seems that there's a thread on PrE 8 and still Export (Share now!). I'll see if I can find that, as it might have some useful info for you.

Back in a moment,

Hunt

• 9. Re: Settings for exporting stills
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

Here's that recent THREAD.

Hope that something helps,

Hunt

• 10. Re: Settings for exporting stills
                            jgaasbeek001 Level 1

Thanks Hunt, it is at least something. In my view still a pitty that they

threw overboard the nice and easy working settings option when using the

camera.

Jan Maarten Gaasbeek