4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2010 11:12 AM by the_wine_snob

Imported image not in original pixel size?

Longu

Hi all,

thanks for the quick help so far.

I am doing a tutorial for a video game and want to add a image.

The video has 840x524 pixels. the image is a JPG with 2048x2048 pixels.

I drag and drop the image from Explorer (Windows) to the Project tab and the image gets listed.

If I drag the image to a video track (sorry, have non-english version). then the image is resized automatically. But if I reschale it to original size to display only a part of it, it's blured, so it seems, Premiere Elements doesn't have the original image.

Any idea how to fix this?

M.

• 1. Re: Imported image not in original pixel size?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Uncheck Scale to Frame, and you will get the full, un-scaled image. Note: it will be like looking at your large JPEG through a smaller picture frame. You will not be able to see all of it, but only that portion that matches the Frame Size of your Project, which should match your major source footage. That is the nature of video.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - why do you want so large a still image, as you will only be able to see a portion of it, at a time?

• 2. Re: Imported image not in original pixel size?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

For more discussion on large still images, this ARTICLE might be useful.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Imported image not in original pixel size?
              Longu Level 1

Works fine, thank you (I found that setting only in the general preferences, correct?).

I want to display different parts of the same image, that's why I want to use one image but use it on severaö positions in the same video.

• 4. Re: Imported image not in original pixel size?
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Glad that you got it sorted.

One drawback to the large files (can only use ~ 4000 pixels in the largest dimension) is the load that they put on one's computer. Large files are resource hogs. One workaround in your case would be break a single giant file into smaller sizes, depending on what you want to do. I've cut large images into 4 smaller ones, in Photoshop, and used them just like a larger one with Effect>Motion>Position. If you experience any issue with Low on Memory, or Resources, you might want to consider this method. Again, a lot will depend on exactly what you want to do. It's having extra, unused pixels, that slows things down.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful