2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2009 7:23 AM by the_wine_snob

Stamping my videos with my watermark???

fwfats

I am beginning my own blog and i am using my video camera to record videos and then tranferring them to my computer.  How do I get them into premiere pro cs4 and also put a watermark of my logo?

• 1. Re: Stamping my videos with my watermark???
          Powered by Design Level 4

How you get them into premiere all depends on what camera you have. ???

Does your camera record to miniDV tape ?

Or does it record to a Hard Drive ?

i am using my video camera to record videos and then tranferring them to my computer

from your statement it sounds like you have a hard drive and you already have them on your computer.

just select file - import and select the video your have recorded.

you then want to create a new sequence with the correct size and type of video you shot.

drag your footage onto the timeline.

then you need to take your watermark and put it on the layer above your video.

Hope this helps:  Glenn

• 2. Re: Stamping my videos with my watermark???
            the_wine_snob Level 9

For that watermark, you might also want to adjust the fixed Effect>Opacity a bit. This is most easily done by clicking on the watermark Clip and then opening Window>Effects Control, and looking for Opacity. experiment with the Opacity setting, until it looks good to you in the Program Monitor.

As for the Import of your video footage, please tell us the make/model of the camera and any details that you have on the format/CODEC that it shoots. That will allow us to give you tips on how best to handle that footage. Some is simple, and some takes more work. Knowing exactly what you have will save everyone a lot of guesses, that will only confuse and confound you.

If you have copied over some of those files to your computer already, a freeware utility, G-Spot, will give you all of the details on those files.

Good luck, and Happy New Year,

Hunt