1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 30, 2009 12:48 PM by Mylenium

Time Remapping - Need help

Doyle Lonnigan Level 1

I've been playing with this for a while and I just can't figure it out.  In the AE Help it shows keyframes being moved up and down with nice straight lines maintained between them, but when I do it I get bezier handles that produce crazy curves which I can't resolve.  Tried doing it in the Layer window and can't figure out what I'm doing.  I may just not understand this as a concept.

I have a 6 second animation that I need to incorporate into a composition.  The actual animation stops at 4 seconds, holding on the last frame for 2 seconds.  I want to alter the timing so the animation completes at 2 seconds and then holds the frame for 8 seconds.  In other words, I want the first 4 seconds compressed into two seconds, then the last 2 seconds stretched to 8 seconds, for a total of 10.  It sounds easy, but I can't seem to get my head around it!  Can anyone give me some insight into time remapping that will let me do this?

• 1. Re: Time Remapping - Need help
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

I don't really see you problem. In order to change the timing, you change the keyframe value, not its tangents. so you change the keyframe's value from 6 to 2, nothing more. The curves merely express the rate of change inbetween keyframes. To reset to linear interpolation, simply select the keys and hit teh respective icon at the bottom of the graph editor.

Mylenium